Does anyone use heated tobacco device?

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Credits
Today I started trying to reduce or quit smoking, I bought a heated tobacco device that it promise to be more healthy than traditional smoke but the information on the internet is scarce. What do you think, have you ever use such device?

Any doctor I asked about them said they were far far worse
for your health.
Plenty of evidence that its worse, I have friends who are doctors and they see the direct results of it every day.

I have a sister who started having seizures, temporary paralysis
in different limbs, she is too pig headed and addicted to give up.

After she visits, its no longer a matter of breathing, you have to
eat the air its that thick, burns eyes throat even lips when you walk in the room.
Your Choice.

While smoking can cause lung cancer, breast cancer, emphysema, heart disease, and other serious diseases, those diseases usually develop after decades of smoking. In contrast, in 2019 it became clear that vaping could cause seizures and serious lung damage after just a year, possibly less, based on CDC reports of patients hospitalized for lung damage caused by vaping.2,3 While there have been warnings about the possible risk of e-cigarettes for a decade, it was not expected that they could cause such severe damage in such a short period of time.

On a more positive note, I know people who just sent
their wife on holiday, threw their cigarettes in the fire and
that was them sorted, pressure gone, no wife no strife.
Wife cam back two weeks later and was very angry when
she realised the positive affect her not being there had.

There are 2 habits to break: the nicotine addiction and the physical habit of smoking (lighting, puffing, etc). Replacing one tobacco smoking product with another tobacco smoking product isn't likely to help quit.

I quit 21 years ago using nicotine patches. Some folks prefer nicotine gum. I used toothpicks and straws to substitute for the physical habit for awhile. I had probably quit hundreds of times before final success. I was a heavy smoker, and it was damn hard for me.

But the best help you can get is to get your own mind in complete and total support of your goal. You can use the high cost, or the health benefits to yourself or others who may breathe your second-hand smoke. Keep your mind focused on that fact that your life will be better off in both the near-term and long-term if you stop smoking. You have to convince yourself that quitting is more important than smoking with whatever reasons work best for you. Good luck!

There are 2 habits to break: the nicotine addiction and the physical habit of smoking (lighting, puffing, etc). Replacing one tobacco smoking product with another tobacco smoking product isn't likely to help quit.

I quit 21 years ago using nicotine patches. Some folks prefer nicotine gum. I used toothpicks and straws to substitute for the physical habit for awhile. I had probably quit hundreds of times before final success. I was a heavy smoker, and it was damn hard for me.

But the best help you can get is to get your own mind in complete and total support of your goal. You can use the high cost, or the health benefits to yourself or others who may breathe your second-hand smoke. Keep your mind focused on that fact that your life will be better off in both the near-term and long-term if you stop smoking. You have to convince yourself that quitting is more important than smoking with whatever reasons work best for you. Good luck!
I never smoked, never could understand it.
I gave up drinking the year before we decided to have children,
I did that because I never wanted it said that they got a bad example from me.
My son used to sleep upstairs in his grandmothers pub at the weekends so he could listen to the live music and singing, he
doesn't care if he never sees drink, he saw enough of how it effected the people in the bar downstairs.

Setting a good example for me was reason to quit my vise, maybe
the OP will find a reason to support and spur him on in his quest to
give up smoking, its all about what you really want, your attitude and commitment will take you there.
People can comment all they want, its up to each of us as individuals to find what works for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies, I have heard bad things about vaping too, but heated tobacco it's a different device, it heat the tobacco and not burning it

This is not an advertisement, never start smoking no matter what troubles you facing with your Linux distribution

Health authorities in UK encourage vaping as healthier than inhaling tobacco smoke. Best to avoid dodgy sources of liquid containing unknown additives and stick with well known brands whose products have been rigorously formulated and tested.

I quit by using 4mg nicotine gum, then over time cutting them in half, quarters and then eighths. Last stage was moving on to 2mg eighths.

You @Old Tom Bombadil are exactly 100% right on and spot on and hit the nail on the head as I speak from my own horrid hell of quitting cigarette smoking.

It my friend was one of the hardest things I ever accomplished and it took many different tries to finally succeed.

The availability of tobacco products are to easily gotten by anyone with the available monetary resources.

I started smoking in high school graduated and got drafted and got married and continued to smoke.

The Wife started smoking when I was across the pond although when she became pregnant with our first she set the cigarettes down and that was it for her smoking.

Depending on normal everyday stress of life is what regulated the amount of cigarettes I smoked per day.
Some days less than a pack.
Some days more than a pack.

But the best help you can get is to get your own mind in complete and total support of your goal.
Exactly 100% right on and spot on and hit the nail on the head as I speak from my own horrid hell of quitting cigarette smoking.

Good luck!

Heh... On Wednesday, I'll have been on Chantix for 28 days.

We shall see...

I have heard bad things about vaping too
I don't think there are any "good things" to be found with tobacco products. It is an expensive bad habit, no matter whether you heat it, burn it, smoke it, dip it, or chew it. There are too many harmful additives besides the naturally addictive nicotine.

Better to smoke weed! At least you get a buzz for your money! ;):cool:

Better to smoke weed! At least you get a buzz for your money! ;):cool:
I'll 2nd that as I enjoy getting a buzz from a joint now and then.

Get a marijuana license.

The Wife and I bake marijuana cookies.

Ya get the buzz without the carcinogens which are bad for you.

You can buy damn good weed nowadays.

Members online