Door cam

Mike13Foxtrot

Reaction score
Credits
Setup a Raspberry Pi Zero W with the camera and MotioneyeOS.

Now I has a door camera I can see on my network instead of Ring or Nest cams. On the Zero it is more of a pain to setup now you have to add a conf file to set up wireless for boot. Years ago it worked on its own. It has password to access login then you can also password protect the camera feed.

MotioneyeOS now is able with PI's 3 and 4 to use Webcams and also RTSP enabled cams like Wyze. So no cloud needed. Using a Pi 4 you can also have NAS. So I guess that is the next step.

I have an old ring door bell. One of the things I like about it is for example someone came to my door while I was sitting on the balcony of a cruise ship. I had a conversation with them and they were none the wiser of my location. Not an advertisement for ring but it might be an interesting experiment to set that up with some kind of home brew experiment.

Limited to Email notification, or Push notifications. No Mic, but there are lots of people who have made something work.

Just took another Pi 3B+ and added a USB webcam. It is now viewable on Win or Linux or Mac. The Pi is the Hub the other OS is the Client.

No smart phone needed to view a cam on the network. No setting up Port Forwarding. Works well.

Just need to put together a case for the Pi and Cam, and mount it.

Members online

Latest posts