Dovecot 451.4.3.0 Error. queue file write error

carlman001

Reaction score
Credits
I have a dovecot mail server and a java web application. When I want to send an email, it shows an error with the following message: 451.4.3.0 Error. queue file write error. I'm testing from my desktop in my office. It didn't happen before. The authentication is fine. The server is RHEL 7.

I don't know exactly what is the reason.

Hi @carlman001 and welcome to linux.org :)

I have no knowledge in your area of inquiry but our Admin @Rob is a Sysadmin and well-versed in CentOS. He may well have some valuable input as may others whom work in the industry.

As I understand Dovecot is a Secure IMAP and POP3 server, open source, is that so?

What Linux is it employed on?

Timezones may be an issue for a quick response (I am from Australia), can you tell us yours?

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hi Chris.

I put my email account as my name. I'll try to update it later.

I'll give you more information about the java app and mail server.

The java web app uses javamail class to send emails. Mail server uses IMAPS which works fine because I can see messages by email account. The server uses postfix. The port is 465.

What Linux is it employed on?
The server is Centos 7

As I understand Dovecot is a Secure IMAP and POP3 server, open source, is that so?
Yes, that's right. Dovecot is being used as imaps server. It's also open source.

Timezones may be an issue for a quick response (I am from Australia), can you tell us yours?
I'm from Peru

Regards
Carlos

Hey there carl - welcome to Linux.org.

First thing i'd check with a write error is how much storage is left on the server. You can do so with `df -h`.

Edit: Also, i'm assuming it was working prior to today?

Last edited:
Hi

Doing df -h, the server has more than 80% available.

After keep checking I got the answer. I checked the var/log/maillog file. It showed me postfix was not synchronized with its mysql database. On postfix config files, the password of mysql user was wrong by one letter. I corrected it and I restarted postfix service. Finally I could send email from java web app.

Regards
Carlos

Hey that's great news, Carlos :). And "CentOS 7" were the magic words to bring @Rob in, :D

Enjoy your Linux and

Avagudweegend

Wizard

Reactions: Rob

Members online

Latest posts