Downloading bitcoin

Rachmani3652

Reaction score
Credits
What is it called when you download bitcoin but you don't download the entire blockchain? I forgot what it's called and I can't find the answer on the web.

I think you may be looking for lightning node or lightning network.

No thats not what I'm looking for. It's like downloading only 1gb of the blockchain instead of 8. Something like that

I found what you are looking for, you are looking for a "lightweight bitcoin wallet", one of the more popular ones is the electrum wallet.
2) What makes a Light Wallet light? There is no need for downloading the entire blockchain. Light Wallets connect to a server that contains a synchronized node. That’s why they enable users to get to work immediately.
P.S. @KGIII I think this topic belongs in the Off-topic section since it has nothing to do with Linux

Last edited:
Yup. Moved to off-topic as this hasn't got anything to do with Linux and has even less to do with Kali.

OP, please be mindful when posting. Look for the *most appropriate* sub-forum and post there. Thank you.

Yup. Moved to off-topic as this hasn't got anything to do with Linux and has even less to do with Kali.

OP, please be mindful when posting. Look for the *most appropriate* sub-forum and post there. Thank you.
Ok. I found what I was looking for. Pruning.

Members online

Latest posts