Dual Boot with wireless keyboard

Thierry72

Reaction score
Credits
Good evening everybody.
I'm new to Linux but I've succeeded in installing Windows 10 and Linux Mint on my Intel Nuc7i5BNH. Mint is the default O.S. so that no action is required for booting in Linux.
My concern is that I have to install a USB keyboard when I want to boot in Windows.
Is there a possibility to create a script (or anything else) which would be installed on a USB key in order to deceive Grub which would read this script as a keyboard input (Arrow Down + Enter) ?
Regards
Thierry

Check your BIOS. There may be an option to enable "USB Keyboard" an "USB Mouse". (Which should do the trick, even though they're wireless.)

This solution sometimes works even when a wired keyboard, happily connected by USB, works just fine. I am not sure why that happens, but it has been something I've had to do in the past.

"There may be an option to enable "USB Keyboard" an "USB Mouse"."

If you don't see that look for "USB Legacy Support " and turn it on..

Otherwise, if it works in bios you'll just need drivers for the OS that has an issue..

and if it is Bluetooth?? you will need a Bluetooth dongle that has a PS2 plug...

I have no problem with a USB keyboard which is recognized by the BIOS.
I just want to be able to choose the GRUB option without any keyboard, just by a script (or whatever) that GRUB would recognize as a keyboard input.
Bluetooth and Wifi are not enabled when GRUB shows up.
Thierry

Members online