DUAL BOOT

osoanonymous

Reaction score
Credits
Hello. I have a HP Chromebook and Linux came preinstalled. I have the option of removing and installing the Linux Work Environment at will. I am self teaching, which is daunting at times. I want to know how can I dual boot with Chrome OS and Linux?

If you wish to keep chrome and dual boot, then I recommend you will need at least 30gb of free hard drive space, and a minimum 4gb of ram.
Chromebooks by their nature are not the simplest to install Linux on, there are some just plain awkward, some You will need to be competent to get inside to manually change settings, and a few you just can't change.

again, being a self teaching user, would it be an easier task to uninstall chrome and reinstall on external storage. eventually i would like to be soley a linux user but i dont understand some of the language and it's difficult to navigate. It's such a complicated task for me...im brainwashed by the traditional chromes and bings (browsers) of the world...

It's such a complicated task for me...im brainwashed by the traditional chromes and bings (browsers) of the world...
Bing and Chrome are both browsers, there are many others, but they all work in a similar way. you have a GUI [graphical user interface] [what you see on the screen]. a user interface [the keypad, touchscreen or voice recognition] to enter your request, and the bits you dont see, an application to automatically connect to your computer network card [to get on line] and a search engine [to look for whatever it is you are searching for]
the main differences are layout of the GUI, and the search engine that comes as a default, some offer lots of bolt on applications that you may or not wish to use.
Yes I agree some of the "language" used by Linux users sounds daunting, this dates back to before the days of point and click systems, where everything you did was by typing instructions in the terminal, but modern distributions are as simple as any other of the main operating systems,

Latest posts