Dual WiFi "WAN" router.

E

ellisgl

Scenario:
Create a Linux router with AP functionality, but use 2 WLAN interfaces to load balance "WAN" connectivity. Seems simple enough, but if the two AP that are being connected to are using the same subnet, how would I deal with this?
xIQSv.png

Attachments

• xIQSv.png
    xIQSv.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 2,725

Check into the Linksys RV042! These are dual wan and are very good routers. You probably will have to order one from online store or from linksys (I haven't seen any local stores even know they exist!).However, you can use a routerboard and make your own very easily! On these you can program the ehternet ports to do what you want so dual, tripple, or quad wan is possible.

Well after some research, I believe to achieve this, I would have to use name spaces (LXC - Linux containers) to seperate out the issues that would pop up right away in the above scenario. Of course I haven't figured out to setup it for this scenario. Anyone have some thoughts?

Check into the Linksys RV042! These are dual wan and are very good routers. You probably will have to order one from online store or from linksys

Staff online