Duplicate Entries in "Open With" Menu

Bug reporting is so varied per distro/organization that I could almost do an article on each one of 'em, but that sounds like even more work. Tedious work, work with a ton of research kinda work.

Amazing that they make the process soooo damn difficult

The logical conclusion would be that they do not want to know about any bugs found.

Yet they contradict that statement with their blatherings on the pages touting the various distros

I would have if...

A. I know were to go and how to do it it.
B. I had been confident it wasn't something I did wrong.

As I said before very new to Linux. Only in the last week or so have I started to feel some kind of footing in all this..

Even though I've come a long way from installing mint. I still have a ways to go.... Because I now need to make another post in ref. to samba and my share folder not mounting....

Personally I would stay away from finding places to report bugs.

It would bring about sleepless nights, I am sure.

The logical conclusion would be that they do not want to know about any bugs found.

It really could be easier.

I wonder if this might be something that could be solved in much the same way as centralized repositories.

Certainly a good idea

It would be sure to start some form of turf war to begin with.

LOL We've completely derailed this guy's thread.

I don't have the clout to convince everyone to just use the same system over their own, even though we could tie it in pretty well.

For example, notifications would be sent to the people who are subscribed to the project. They could then do triage with just a few additional lines of PHP. Even I could write the code for such a site - but you'd do better by having someone more skilled than I write it.

Kinda like Ubuntu is pushing Snaps, available for all the distros - and for any FOSS projects that want to sign up.

We can grab Ubuntu's bug-reporting software - unless there's something better.

Alas, I'm not important enough. Nobody is gonna listen to me.

Latest posts