Employee claims she can't use Microsoft Windows for "Religious Reasons"

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits

On one hand, that's pretty amusing.

On the other hand, I'll have to keep those thoughts private 'cause I can't break the rules.

I read the threads. The situation is unusual, but I did not find it amusing. It opened many questions in my mind, too many to list. I will ask one: How far up the chain does this religious objection go? Does she know that logging in may be authenticated by Windows? Would she object to retrieving or saving files on the office server, if it happens to run Windows?

I wonder whether this is a fictional, apocryphal story. The goal would be to stir trouble, provide justifications, or offer "facts" for others to cite that support those with certain points of view. The threads are lacking in specific details. It is hard to come up with a reasonable scenario that applies to the description and aligns with the few details that are revealed. In my opinion, this story seems deliberately crafted to "rile up" certain groups.

On the other hand, I'll have to keep those thoughts private 'cause I can't break the rules.

Yeah me too...but I will say...God bless her little heart.
m0123.gif

She was aware of the job description and the job requirements prior to and at the time she was hired for that position.

Unwilling to follow company policy or company rules hit the road / see ya bye / don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.