Engage in Netiquette the Same Way You Engage in Breathing

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 111282

I'll be the first to admit that even I struggle with this at times, but the first step to overcoming a problem is to admit you have one.

As far as what he said about sarcasm, I don't agree with that completely. Yes, its easier to take something out of context, or take it the wrong way, if its in a written format and the other person doesn't know you very well. However, as the old saying goes, "Its not what you say, its how you say it.", so if carefully word what you're typing to make it be read as humorous, the person on the receiving end will generally take it as such. For another thing, using emojis, particularly this :p emoji, helps convey the context you're using (which is why we have them). Third, if you're known for having a sarcastic sense of humor (as I do), you can get the impression the other person is being sarcastic to you.

Personally, I'm Master level at trolling. I live for it. Though at the same time I like to be helpful if I can. Definitely like to help people release their anger as I walk away into the sunset.

See, I don't just troll them and keep at it like some people do. I like to drive-by. Step into a forum and voice some opinions that get people riled up. Then while there writing their angry War & Peace sized epic response to me. I've already left and it falls on deaf ears. Then they prance around wondering why I'm not responding. Yeah, I'm having a glass of some wonderful wine without a care in the world.

Live life to the fullest and don't worry about other angry people.
Dave ;)

Personally, I'm Master level at trolling. I live for it. Though at the same time I like to be helpful if I can. Definitely like to help people release their anger as I walk away into the sunset.

See, I don't just troll them and keep at it like some people do. I like to drive-by. Step into a forum and voice some opinions that get people riled up. Then while there writing their angry War & Peace sized epic response to me. I've already left and it falls on deaf ears. Then they prance around wondering why I'm not responding. Yeah, I'm having a glass of some wonderful wine without a care in the world.

Live life to the fullest and don't worry about other angry people.
Dave ;)

It seems as if someone's more-likely to get offended over something if they're a conformist, because they've been trained since they were little to think one way, and they'll spazz out if anyone openly disagrees with that way of thinking, or tells them something they don't want to hear, even when the person is being completely polite about what they're saying. They've also been trained to think "This person saying this about this is offensive", only because the parents or whoever find it offensive, when it probably isn't. I know that from experience because I'm the only one in my family who dares to go against the grain, whereas everyone else is either a sheep or a sheep in wolves clothing. I can guarantee that if everyone thought for themselves, there wouldn't be any full-grown adults throwing temper tantrums over every divisive topic, mainly because those divisive topics wouldn't even exist.

That's obviously not to say there aren't legitimate things to get offended over. If someone said (and it doesn't matter who they are or where they're from) "The people in the World Trade Center deserved to die on 9/11!", that's something everyone across the board is going to get offended over because the person saying that is advocating mass murder.

Members online