Error message when I attempt to access online banking

Status
Not open for further replies.

escoffiergab

Reaction score
Credits
When I try to access my online bank account I get this error message. I called the bank but all their IT knew was Windows Linux was outside his wheelhouse. I posted this on the Firefox help forum and a few folks said they'd seen the same thing using different browsers which seems to indicate that it's maybe not the browser? Anyway can anyone tell me what I need to do to be able to access my online bank again? I am running stable Kubuntu on an HP laptop.

Thanks!
Screenshot from 2022-02-26 18-46-49.jpg

When I try to access my online bank account I get this error message. I called the bank but all their IT knew was Windows Linux was outside his wheelhouse. I posted this on the Firefox help forum and a few folks said they'd seen the same thing using different browsers which seems to indicate that it's maybe not the browser? Anyway can anyone tell me what I need to do to be able to access my online bank again? I am running stable Kubuntu on an HP laptop.

Thanks!
View attachment 12103
Maybe because it has nothing to do with Linux at all and that the site itself is down....

Are you using a VPN?

The site is back up and it was down for me also. As I said.... it has nothing to do with Linux.

G'day escoffiergsb, welcome to Linux.org

You sure do seem to be in the wars there.

I have encountered this on a few occasions with my own bank....and I also use a vpn from time to time.

For me the solution, was to shut the vpn down properly (not by just hitting the x (close) button, logging out....and then rebooting the pc.

I then had unfettered access.

Worth a try?

I have encountered this on a few occasions with my own bank....and I also use a vpn from time to time.

For me the solution, was to shut the vpn down properly (not by just hitting the x (close) button, logging out....and then rebooting the pc.

Worth a try?
It has nothing to do with a VPN or anything related on the users computer. Their website is going online and offline. It's nothing anyone can do about it accept whoever manages the website.

I don't know why this is so hard to figure out.

I once had to use vivaldi-stable browser and to clear cache prior to going to the site

and have it be functional.

=================================================
or just use puppy linux cached to RAM and no savefile

I once had to use vivaldi-stable browser and to clear cache prior to going to the site

and have it be functional.

=================================================
or just use puppy linux cached to RAM and no savefile
It has nothing to do with your browser or Linux genius.

Screenshot at 2022-03-19 06-53-41.png

It's what I said previously.

Call the bank genius

Are Netteller.com (two T's) and Neteller.com (one T) the same business? I would be very careful about entering financial login credentials into the wrong site if not absolutely sure they are the same.

Neither of these are a "bank" according to Wikipedia: Neteller and Netteller. With separate Wikipedia entries, they don't seem to be the same company.

DDG does not find much info on Netteller, but if you search for "Neteller scams" there are many people complaining about this company.

Neteller does not do business in the United States, so that would again be a red flag about entering login credentials if the OP lives in the US.

Caveat emptor!

Last edited:
Enough of the 'genius' bit. If you can't be civil, you can't be here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Are Netteller.com (two T's) and Neteller.com (one T) the same business? I would be very careful about entering financial login credentials into the wrong site if not absolutely sure they are the same.

Neither of these are a "bank" according to Wikipedia: Neteller and Netteller. With separate Wikipedia entries, they don't seem to be the same company.

DDG does not find much info on Netteller, but if you search for "Neteller scams" there are many people complaining about this company.

Neteller does not do business in the United States, so that would again be a red flag about entering login credentials if the OP lives in the US.

Caveat emptor!
You are correct did not notice the missing "t" in the first site - sorry about that

Worth a try?

Worth a try?
It is thank you For extra grins and giggles the site is now demanding I call the bank to change my password so perhaps I'll try and have another chat with their IT bloke while I'm at it.

Thanks again,
Escoffier

Enough of the 'genius' bit. If you can't be civil, you can't be here.

Thank you for your cooperation.
My apologies, I didn't know that merely complimenting someones intellectual ability isn't considered civil and is frowned upon.

We both know that's not what you were doing...

This isn't kindergarten. Let's keep it that way, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online