Error while installing Kali Linux Subsystem

crazylecious

Reaction score
Credits
I have multiple times attempted to install kali linux subsystem on my win10 20H2, and keep encountering this error:
Errors were encountered while processing:
python3
python3-click
python3-markupsafe
python3-ldap3
python3-six
python3-simplejson
python3-pil:amd64
python3-jinja2
python3-chardet
python3-capstone
python3-certifi
python3-werkzeug
python3-pexpect
python3-cryptography
python3-requests
python3-idna
set
python3-urllib3
python3-pefile
python3-dnspython
kali-tools-social-engineering
python3-pyasn1
backdoor-factory
python3-qrcode
python3-ldapdomaindump
python3-paramiko
python3-future
python3-invoke
python3-lib2to3
python3-nacl
python3-cffi-backend:amd64
python3-ptyprocess
python3-blinker
python3-pkg-resources
python3-distutils
python3-pymssql
python3-requests-toolbelt
veil
python3-colorama
python3-impacket
python3-openssl
python3-flask
python3-pycryptodome
python3-olefile
python3-bcrypt
python3-pyinotify
python3-itsdangerous
python3-yaml
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
If any more text would help with fixing this issue, please inform me.

I followed this https://www.kali.org/news/kali-linux...ows-app-store/ to install it, note: I did not need to reboot my computer after running the powershell command in step 1/2

Most of the people here don't run GNU/Linux as a Subsystem of Windows so chances are not high that you will get an answer here, you will probably have a better chance of getting your question answered on the Kali forums.

Last edited:
time to try another approach ? simply put live kali onto usb and boot it up

Last edited:
Most of the people here don't run GNU/Linux as a Subsystem of Windows so chances are not high that you will get an answer here, you will probably have a better chance of getting your question answered on the Kali forums.
Thank you, I didn't realize there were forums for that

time to try another approach ? simply put live kali onto usb and boot it up
I wanted to do that originally, but for now I want to try a subsystem because I have a lot of important data and programs on win10, I will permanently switch when I have found suitable alternatives and am comfortable with the os

When you boot a live Linux os from a usb ,it uses os from usb and does not affect what's on your hd nor do anything to data on hd. That's different from booting an install only

When you boot a live Linux os from a usb ,it uses os from usb and does not affect what's on your hd nor do anything to data on hd. That's different from booting an install only
I understand that, but I will be unable to use my current software on linux, and it will be a hassle to switch to and fro each time I need to use different softwares

You can always install Kali in a virtualbox machine which also works under Windows.

Members online