Establishing a TCP connection with Oracle Linux (Red Hat based)

technique

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone,

I have been struggling to find someone to build a Server for our Video IoT application, so I figured the best way to go about this is to have a shot at taking one step at a time. I understand how the device protocol works, but the struggle is to establish a TCP Connection between the device and the Linux instance.

Would I be able to receive a link or instructions on how to set up TCP on Oracle Linux please.

Thank you in advance,
Michael

Do you know what network the device you are trying to connect to is on?
Better yet, do you know the IP of that device?

Usually this is done through a network interface via tcp/ip.

You simply connect the two device with an ethernet cable. ( usually with a switch or hub between them )
If you have a router that gives out dhcp addresses automatically ( almost all of them do )
Then chances are, they are already on the same network.

Now you just need to know the ip addresses of the two devices.
Do you have a GUI Desktop on your Oracle Linux system? Our is it just a terminal console?
How are trying to connect these two devices? Over Wifi?

Hi dos2unix

I should have mentioned earlier, I apologise. The external device connects via Mobile network.

I don't have a GUI, but I would like to install one (Ubuntu design if available). Is that something you would be able to assist with please.

Additionally, The device Identifier is the device IMEI, and I can set up the port to whatever is available or wanted

The external device connects via Mobile network.
Mobile devices connect to the internet as wel using tcp/ip, otherwise you wouldn't be able to load webpages on your mobile device.

Members online

Latest posts