eve online on ubuntu (macbook pro)

tried lutris using the websites instructions.... didnt work... didnt even install anything other than an empty folder

Usually with Lutris, it should download all the necessary components to make the games work. Are there any error during the Lutris install?

I am using Lutris for FF14 and works out of the box for me.

no errors... just at the end it sais it cannot find c/GAMES/EVE_ONLINE/etc etc..... i browsed that entire folder and it was void of ANY files

Can you try to run the game through steam first. It will crash (or nothing will open). Once that's done, can you open your terminal and paste the following into the command line:

Code:
journalctl -a -p err

This command should show you all the errors in your system. When I had issues launching games, it would log this information. This might gives us a bit more information as to why the games wont launch.

I don’t really know what that means… I don’t think I’ve seen that before. Without actually going on your machine and troubleshooting myself, I don’t know what else to suggest.

looks like im SOL... can you install windows 10 on a macbook pro ?

If it has an Intel CPU, technically you can... but I believe it also depends on the version of your Mac. I've done this a while back, but why not try it? Doesnt hurt :)

I've never done it, but I know it is supposed to be done with Boot Camp if you want to install Windows on a Mac.

sorry but as great as linux is... winblows just works....

Windows is definitely easier to use in a lot of instances, but it is also a different type of OS.

if you’re a gamer, Windows still provides a better user experience, but Linux has come a long way and it will only get better over time.

Gaming is also something that I considered, but at the end, I rather learn Linux and play less games :)

the website is out of date , u can install with out the ppas

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2021-08-25 13-39-29.png
    Screenshot at 2021-08-25 13-39-29.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 270

Members online

Latest posts