Execute sh command in WSL

flaviu2

Reaction score
Credits
I am using Windows Subsystem Linux. In Win10. I installed WSL because I want to compile a project from github. And I realize I don't know how to run sh script in WSL.
I need to run:

sh someproject/scripts/Windows/build.sh

Ok. My project is downloaded into drive E: My question is, how can I go on drive E: on WSL ? I have tried several of Linux commands:

cd E:
sfdisk
parted

Nothing worked. How can go in my E:/MyProject/scripts/Windows/ in order to run build.sh ?

Flaviu.

i installed WSL onto wifes computer; it was obvious that its limited but can be used to learn commands.

Out of instance in a terminal type this command at a $ prompt and post output:
Code:
pwd
it should show context of default location

the other way to play with commands is to use a live linux OS from a usb stick

Yes, but my context in my WSL environment is

flaviu@DESKTOP-HP:~$ pwd
/home/flaviu
flaviu@DESKTOP-HP:~$

And doesn't help me because I need to arrive on E:/ where my project is located. And I cannot rich that drive/location. So, the solution would be a USB Linux OS ? Do you know o good link to get Linux for USB ?

am using Windows Subsystem Linux. In Win10. I installed WSL because I want to compile a project from github. And I realize I don't know how to run sh script in WSL.
I need to run:

You cannot compile most projects in WSL. WSL doesn't have most of the system libraries and compilers needed to compile most things.

WSL is not Linux, it is simply a shell with some basic shell commands.

plan B then might be

the other way to play with commands is to use a live linux OS from a usb stick, or install Linux

Members online