FBI’s Vetted Info Sharing Network ‘InfraGard’ Hacked

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits

December 13, 2022
0 Comments

InfraGard, a program run by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to build cyber and physical threat information sharing partnerships with the private sector, this week saw its database of contact information on more than 80,000 members go up for sale on an English-language cybercrime forum. Meanwhile, the hackers responsible are communicating directly with members through the InfraGard portal online — using a new account under the assumed identity of a financial industry CEO that was vetted by the FBI itself.

LOL Now that there's just good harmless fun!

Something like that is 'fair game', as far as I'm concerned. That's just plain funny.

Selling the data is a bit much and you're just asking for the FBI to pay even more attention to you at that point. But, I mean, if you're gonna hack something than this is just too amusing a target.

I have 'hacking ethics'. Most people did back in the day. I dunno about selling the data, but it's not like you can hold the data hostage and blackmail the FBI. If it had been me (and I'm much more mature than I used to be), I'd have just dumped the data.

By the way, it's less true now, but it used to be amazing how much you could discover by just editing the address in your address bar. This was especially true if you knew more about the site, like what software was running.

Again, I'm a mature adult with too much to lose to risk doing stupid crap. So, don't bother knocking on my door, Mr. FBI man who reads this! I'm 100% innocent in all of this - even if I do find it funny as all get out.

Members online

Latest posts