File Manager for Linux Mint

iPyrrebpsaR

Reaction score
Credits
I would like to install a compatible File Manager on my desktop computer running Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon 64-bit Version 3.2.7 so that I can organize sideloaded music and picture files on my Sony 4K Bravia Smart TV using a WI-FI connection. Recommendations would be appreciated.

ADDENDUM: I installed Thunar File Manager, Added a Second Window Tab With a Toolbar Path But I'm Unable to Determine the URL Path to my Smart TV for the Second Window. When I Click on the Network-File Manager the Message is: Failed to Open "Windows Network" Failed to Retrieve Share List From Server: No Such File or Directory

Last edited:

G'day all, and welcome @iPyrrebpsaR :)

Just a tip on installing an alternative FM, and you may already know it, but for the benefit of The Viewers.

If, on Cinnamon, you install Thunar, Caja, or other FM, do NOT delete/purge/remove the existing FM, in this case, Nemo.

You can remove desktop or Panel icons, as they are only links and Launchers. But the FM is intimately linked with your WM (Window Manager) and DE (Desktop Environment), so removal of the default FM will break your Desktop Environment.

Cheers

Wizard

Members online

Latest posts