Finland’s Most-Wanted Hacker Nabbed in France

I put a Like on that, Maarten, because I believe people like that are scum sucking parasites who wouldn't know how to do a good deed if they fell over it, but I enjoy Brian bringing us the News that another (bad guy) bites the dust. :)

I have seen a documentary or three about Finnish jails. Unless you're a hardcore criminal, it's more like a college campus (especially when contrasted against other jails and prisons).
I'd rather go to a jail in my country than a jail in the US and I'd rather go to a jail in Norway than a jail in my country.
I think other western countries can learn a lot from the approach of Norway when it comes to correctional facilities and reintegration.

Last edited:
I see little value in threads like this. If we are honest with ourselves, this thread has nothing to do with Linux. In my opinion, it does not belong in the "General Linux" or "Linux Security" subforums any more than "Rock Roxx". I hope people realize that the primary interest in this story is as much about "notorious kid on the run" as anything else.

Everything old is new again. Do a web search for "Kevin Mitnick", who managed to parlay his "hacker on the run" notoriety to transform himself into a celebrity security consultant. For that matter, do a web search for "Frank Abagnale" who did the same.

I think other western countries can learn a lot from the approach of Norway when it comes to correctional facilities and reintegration.

I'd agree wholeheartedly.

We'd be nearing the 'politics' subject to discuss it in depth, but we're likely in agreement all around. So, that'll save us a conversation!

I don't think people like this deserve to be acknowledged on the forum as in they didn't do the world any good but only caused innocent people to be a victim by his actions.
Nobody deserves anything in my book, and i dont get the impression that anyone looks at this guy like people looked at Julian Langer or Ed Snowden. I think extortion is bad for the people who do it, it would be hard for me to imagine a situation where it would make more sense than just asking someone for something (anything, really...)

I'd rather go to a jail in my country than a jail in the US and I'd rather go to a jail in Norway than a jail in my country.

Are you planning something we do not know about, Maarten?

Hopefully the POS will spend a very long time behind bars

Members online

Latest posts