Firefox Install issues

R

Rory Glenn Pascua

Where exactly do I need to copy the libflashplayer.so after downloading the current Mozilla Firefox version? I'm getting conflicting information after doing some research.

Some say copy the file in the /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins directory
Others say /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory

I know the two examples above is just a 64bit difference but my 64bit machine also has the "lib" directory. Does that mean I have to copy it in there as well? Am I missing anything else?

I copied the libflashplayer.so file on both directories and I still can't get it to work. I un-installed all versions and re-installed it.. no luck.

BTW I am using RHEL5.

Tried that too Rob. Didn't work. Do you think it has something to do with distro incompatibility?

That's actually what I've been trying to do the whole time. Maybe a fresh OS install would do the trick?

Using Debian I've always used "~/.mozilla/plugins/", and I've done a couple of installations on Ubuntu using the same directory, and it always seems to be working.
- Usually the plugins folder doesn't exist, just create the folder. Don't use the firefox subfolder!
- Are you running the 64-bit version of Firefox, and are you using the 64-bit version of Flash Player?
- Does it show up in "about : plugins" ? (If you don't know that one, just type it in the addressbar of your browser, remove spaces).

Hope that helps.

Members online

Latest posts