Firejail librewolf error

nntn

Reaction score
Credits
It won't launch with errors:
Warning: networking feature is disabled in Firejail configuration file
** Note: you can use --noprofile to disable default.profile **
/bin/bash: librewolf: command not found

Is there something else that is required to use firejail and librewolf?

This is how it was installed:

1. https://gitlab.com/librewolf-community/ ... -/releases
  2. Downloaded LibreWolf-91.0.2-1.x86_64.AppImage
  3. Properties to run the file as program
  4. Created launcher
When issuing the terminal command "firejail librewolf", the first lines of the error:
Reading profile /etc/firejail/default.profile
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable.common.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable.passwdmgr.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable.programs.inc
-----

There are necessary FF ".profile" files but there are none for LW under /etc/firejail
Is there a repository for the ".profile" files that I can just copy to the /etc/firejail directory for LW?

You need to change restricted-network in the Firejail.config. Or you disable the netfilter setting in the LibreWolf profile.

# networking features should also be enabled (network yes).
# Restricted networking grants access to --interface, --net=ethXXX and
# --netfilter only to root user. Regular users are only allowed --net=none.
restricted-network yes

Where it says "restricted-network yes" change it to "no" and save the file - this will allow to create new network interfaces which could bypass your network security settings

The change only removed the following error:
"Warning: networking feature is disabled in Firejail configuration file."

The following errors remain:
Reading profile /etc/firejail/default.profile
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable.common.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable.passwdmgr.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable.programs.inc

** Note: you can use --noprofile to disable default.profile **
/bin/bash: librewolf: command not found
---
It seems that the it is looking for the profiles for LW.
Is there a repository for the ".profile" files that I can just copy to the /etc/firejail directory for LW?

I was able to get it to work with this:

Code:
firejail --appimage --noprofile ./LibreWolf-91.0.2-1.x86_64.AppImage

I suspect firejail has a Firefox profile... Lemme check that...

Yeah, 'firejail firefox' has this as an output:

Code:
/etc/firejail/firefox.profile

My thinking is you can probably copy the Firefox profile or force firejail to use the profile somehow. I haven't dug into that at this time.

But, the first command seems to work just fine.

I didn't think AppImage is just an image and not a program.

It works!

I can do a copy and paste every time I use it but at the same it seems there is option to have the profile for it.

There is a profile provided from the following but it is for firejail version 0.9.66 : https://github.com/netblue30/firejail/blob/0.9.66/etc/profile-a-l/librewolf.profile

I am using Linux Mint 20.2 recent version

I issued the following command:
Firejail --version -------> It shows firejail version 0.9.62
sudo apt install firejail ------> It still shows 0.9.62

It didn't upgrade the version to 9.66
How can I upgrade the version?

How do I download the profile? Is it copy and paste?
If it is copy and paste then what is the command to create a text profile? Is it "sudo nano"?
I was able to use ---> sudo nano <----- to make change to one of the profiles from /etc

Once the profile"librewolf.profile" is added and put in "/etc/firejail", can I just issue the command "firejail librewolf"?

Do you think the provided profile would work?

It works!

Which works, for clarity sake?

How can I upgrade the version?

Realistically, you don't. You're using Mint that's based off a LTS version of Ubuntu. LTS stands for 'long term stable' and not 'latest top software'.

You can *try* finding the firejail source, compiling it, and installing it - but that way may lead to dependency hell. What I'd do is check the profile you linked and try using it with the current version, making your own profile, or editing the profile you linked to to make it work with the firejail you currently have installed.

So, to try it, you'd copy/paste that text to a new file that you make where your profiles are currently stored. You'll likely need sudo, so start with the terminal and type 'sudo gedit'. You can do it with nano, but gedit is a nice handy GUI.

That will open gedit. You'll copy and paste the text into that instance. Then, you'll save it where the other profiles are saved - making sure to name it 'librewolf.profile'.

Then you can pick it by manually picking a profile - or firejail may find it automatically because of the name.

To load a profile manually, I'm pretty sure it's "--profile /path/to/profile".

The following command works. I have an entry in the LibreOffice file. So every time I use it I can just copy and paste it to terminal:

firejail --appimage --noprofile ./LibreWolf-91.0.2-1.x86_64.AppImage

There has got to be an easy away to upgrade it or else why do they have 9.66 and Linux Mint has 9.62

There has got to be an easy away to upgrade it or else why do they have 9.66 and Linux Mint has 9.62

LOL I can't tell if that's a joke or not.

No... No, that's just not true. Like I said, you can try finding the source code and try compiling and installing it yourself. You may find yourself in dependency hell, or it may just work. I've not tried it and it depends on so many variables that I can't predict the outcome.

It's not a joke. It's a noobie-wanna-whatever-to-work wishful thinking... LOL Thanks for the warning about hell.

I decided to do some of your work for you.

Go there and try the "firejail_0.9.66-apparmor_1_amd64.deb" download. Use gdebi to install it - if it will install. If it gives you dependency errors - stop. You can also try the "firejail-0.9.66.tar.xz" file which, when extracted, should have directions to install it - as well as tell you what dependencies are needed.

I'm assuming the 'apparmor' means it works with apparmor which is an Ubuntu (and so should be Mint) methodology.

Members online

Latest posts