Flash is dead

Z

ZZs

@ryanvade
That last chromium upgade, about a week ago, killed my flash. I cleared the cache reloaded flash but no go. I never sweated it because I planned to do a new rebuild of arch anyway. I put so many DE's on this build I am settling on one; good ole gnome! Why rebuild? Because I love building Linux! Why make this post? Because I'm bored as puck!

I switched to Linux Mint 17 from Ubutntu 14.04 and I'm not regretting it one bit. This Cinnamon desktop is AWESOME! Flash is only going to appear on Chrome from now on.

Last edited:
chromium needs the pepperflash plugin. Regular flash does not really work. I am using Firefox at the moment though. ;)

chromium needs the pepperflash plugin. Regular flash does not really work. I am using Firefox at the moment though. ;)

This.

I had trouble to and found PepperFlash in the AUR. Highly recommend trying that.

They're saying that HTML 5 should be able to handle any sort of flash issues.

HTML5 can do almost everything that Flash can. Youtube can be completely run off of HTML5 with no problems.

Thanks for the replies guys, so yeah I look into that PepperFlash for a solution.

Thanks for the replies guys, so yeah I look into that PepperFlash for a solution.

That's the only solution...:) Unless you want to download and use the Linux version of Google Chrome.

Staff online