free ebook?

D0ny

Reaction score
Credits
does anyone know and can suggest to me and site read so that I can get //networking, coding, hardware// (basically understand computer from scratch)!?
as I'm bed rested for some time it'll be much helpful. cheers guys!

I don't know any out of the top of my head, I usually search for something in a search engine when I am interesting in knowing more about a specific topic. You can get into a lot of depth into those 3 topics, I would just pick one and then spend time on and then later go the next topic. Which topic are you most interested in?

I want to learn a computer from scratch. (as ill be working from home I need to understand the hardware so that I can build or buy one for a smooth and a longer run.)
1. I guess hardware comes first then, ill see how many types of branches are there!
2. then, I also intend to work from home as there is nor much of physical work I can do. and I guess as of now cybersecurity is nice enough.

@DOny
Greetings DOny,
There is a site that has several thousand free ebooks free for the downloading.
You might want to check out this site:
I have found many books of interest on this site.
Cheers,
Old Geezer,
Tango Charlie

Others have already given you some good advice, but here is a good free ebook on python.

Last edited:
funny enough i'm brushing up on python so thats handy @f33dm3bits the area i'd like to pick up again is use of Kivy as a gui for python. I did an app for 3rd world literacy about 5 years ago in python and kivy ( nobody used it) but its still on amazon. I used buildozer to convert it to an .apk for Android . I had a quick look at kivy forums and it seems to be still going strong

Guys, Ive tried some python for a while and looking for some open source projects to contribute as a first timers only. Spent some time on Git but many projects are closed or too much web development related knowledge base. Any projects to recommend? Cheers /

@Resakra well this one is a bit old , it is open source and not closed. The aim was for 3rd world countries where there is a high incidence of illiteracy . I taught my son the Alphabet using it.

. It uses Python with Kivy as a gui; also there is a buildozer file so that the whole thing can be converted to an .apk and put on Android , in fact you can get it from Amazon so at least you can see it working .

i've got the apk on my latest Android and it still works on latest. There is one bug in that it uses a random to choose from a small selection of images; it works most of the time then occasionally crashes, never got around to fixing it

The project is here (have a look at main.py) : https://github.com/captain-sensible/learnABC

signed apk from Amazon is at : https://www.amazon.co.uk/andy-brookes-LearnABC/dp/B015VKW78Q

your welcome to download and play with it. If you play on PC you will need kivy installed. I did it using python 2.7

i have some great books PDF's about sec / networking if you want to pm me

Thanks @captain-sensible, I appreciate your generous offer but there are bunch of new stuff and totally new generation came within 5 years!
I realized that #Hacktoberfest is a good start so I am looking forward to it. Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.