Free, open source, peer-to-peer VPN for Linux

freepn

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone,

I've been working on a open source project (FreePN.com) for a few months and wanted to get some feedback! FreePN is a Linux-first open-source peer-to-peer VPN project. It's completely free and written in C, C++, and Python.

I've tried to include features that address a lot of the problems most VPN services currently have:
  • It’s 100% totally free (speech + beer)
  • No sign up, no accounts
  • No logging
  • It’s open source
  • Unlimited Bandwidth
  • We’ll (hopefully pretty soon) have more available nodes than any other VPN service
  • Anonymous + Private + Secure
  • Great for streaming, using p2p applications
  • Super duper easy to use
  • (Coming soon) Built-in DNS-level ad-blocking + abuse prevention!
(Since it's a p2p VPN, we allow users to decide what categories of traffic they're comfortable hosting (i.e. file-sharing) -- wrote up explanations for this and other common questions here: https://freepn.com/pages/faq.html)

We're working on launching in about a month and if you're interested in the project, I'd really appreciate it if you'd join our waitlist!

Thank you for reading. Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:

it is good idea! but it's work on kodachi 6.2 stand-alone? can i call it into kodachi? i hope.... Thank-you

it is good idea! but it's work on kodachi 6.2 stand-alone? can i call it into kodachi? i hope.... Thank-you

Yes it should work - Kodachi 6.2 is based on xubuntu 18.04, so it *should be* installable without any issues. Thanks for the interest!

Members online

Latest posts