FreeRadius on CENTOS 8

texmansru47

Reaction score
Credits
First, let me point out that CENTOS 8 and CENTOS is going away. Until I get my licensed copy of RHEL 8.X I am using a VM with CENTOS 8 to practice this install on. Now I have rebuilt the VM now 3 times since I cannot seem to get Free Radius working correctly. I will try to post the correct files for you to review. I have followed the following website and YouTube page for two of the installations... but have the same issues, so it has to be something I am doing or overlooking (https://computingforgeeks.com/install-freeradius-and-daloradius-on-centos-rhel-8/cd etcdnf -y in &
). I think the biggest thing that irks me is that I do every step without a single error... until I start the radiusd service. When I do on all three tries I get the following error:

[root@vgxilnx005 ~]# systemctl status radiusd
● radiusd.service - FreeRADIUS high performance RADIUS server.
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/radiusd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2021-05-14 05:45:24 CDT; 8min ago
Process: 1624 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/radiusd -C (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Process: 1595 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh /etc/raddb/certs/bootstrap (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 1589 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown -R radiusd.radiusd /var/run/radiusd (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

May 14 05:45:23 vgxilnx005.vgxii.local systemd[1]: Starting FreeRADIUS high performance RADIUS server....
May 14 05:45:23 vgxilnx005.vgxii.local sh[1595]: server.pem: OK
May 14 05:45:24 vgxilnx005.vgxii.local systemd[1]: radiusd.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
May 14 05:45:24 vgxilnx005.vgxii.local systemd[1]: radiusd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
May 14 05:45:24 vgxilnx005.vgxii.local systemd[1]: Failed to start FreeRADIUS high performance RADIUS server..

When I run the
Code:
/usr/sbin/radiusd -C -lstdout -xxx
command I get two different errors (one from Root and the other from a sudo account) the "root" error is dealing with looks like my SSL certs and the SUDO user looks to be a rights issue for the "/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf" file. I have followed every step and with NO ERRORS until I start radiusd... so I am very confused. I believe there is something being left out of these install instructions - BUT what?

So I am stuck until I can figure this one out. I figured maybe some extra set of eyes can see something I am completely overlooking. Any suggestions are welcomed.

I reviewed the initial article (not 100% finished that yet), and I created a Rocky Linux Server even though there is no stable server version but it is worth a shot. The error is when the /usr/sbin/radiusd application is called. I believe it is a rights issue but I need to complete the reading of the initial document posted to see if it mentions anything time. Just crazy how the ones that post how to load either never seem to have any of these errors or they did not care and let us all flounder... who knows.

Install FreeRADIUS and Daloradius on CentOS 8 / RHEL 8 · Step 1: Update your Server · Step 2: Install Apache Web Server and PHP

Members online

Latest posts