From Prototyping to Legitimate Devices

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 111282

While I've seen videos of the amazing things people have done with Raspberry Pi's and other similar devices, have there been some projects that actually went past the prototyping phase and into mass production?

Well...Using a 3B+ a USB camera and Virtualhere, I have a 1 entry camera. USB over Network thru Windows Camera App or any webcam program like ManyCam. We do cameras and We actually have customers who do not want to spend gobs on DVR and all the stuff. But they also do not want Ring or Amazon sending data out. So a PI a webcam and license is 49.00 once. Testing it out have it pointing to my front door/porch. Long as WIFI is running. And you change the password.

There is PiHole and NAS everywhere. Had a School where the IT guy set up NAS on the PI, So they are in the wild.

Well...Using a 3B+ a USB camera and Virtualhere, I have a 1 entry camera. USB over Network thru Windows Camera App or any webcam program like ManyCam. We do cameras and We actually have customers who do not want to spend gobs on DVR and all the stuff. But they also do not want Ring or Amazon sending data out. So a PI a webcam and license is 49.00 once. Testing it out have it pointing to my front door/porch. Long as WIFI is running. And you change the password.

There is PiHole and NAS everywhere. Had a School where the IT guy set up NAS on the PI, So they are in the wild.

In English, please?

In English, please?

I thought I did. A Pi 3B+ WiFi with a USB camera running Virtualhere server. Client installed on desktop. Looking at the USB camera thru desktop camera, but actually controlling the view and zoom etc from remote. On my local network. Or I can use a USB mouse or any device on the Pi.

I thought I did. A Pi 3B+ WiFi with a USB camera running Virtualhere server. Client installed on desktop. Looking at the USB camera thru desktop camera, but actually controlling the view and zoom etc from remote. On my local network. Or I can use a USB mouse or any device on the Pi.

Has that been thoroughly tested and then turned into a buyable product?

Has that been thoroughly tested and then turned into a buyable product?

I just started testing, the owner is looking at it also. He is looking at sourcing minimal cameras, as in PCB, camera and cable. His father modified a security entry keypad that can lock out all others with a master code, the company says it is not possible for it to function that way. Daycares all around the Tri-State prove them wrong. It is how it is wired no mods to the hardware.

There are NAS racks for Pi's and Blade racks and there are companies using them. So companies are making money on Pi related hardware, that is commercial success and jobs.

Tons of media boxes are Pi-based. A few AIO PCs and some notebooks. Pi's can also replace a lot of NUCs for users not needing their full power and for much lower prices. There's also a retro console.

I also recall reading about an internet service provider, Don't recall the name, which uses only Raspberry pi as web servers ( A whole hockey sock full of them). They charge less than all the other providers. Go Figure!

Last edited:

Members online