Frustrated again.

vanmol

Reaction score
Credits
Every few years I attempt to install and use Linux Mint. Maybe an 81-year-old should just give up. Again I installed it correctly and starting to add my desired apps. I installed Firefox and it put the shortcut on the left side of my screen. I want to move it whenever I want but can't. I know I have figured this out in the distant past but need instructions again. Why does this simple task have to be so difficult?

Which flavor of Linux Mint are you using, Cinnamon, Xfce or another and which Linux Mint version? Do you mean you are trying to move the Firefox shortcut from one place on the desktop to another place on the desktop?

I know what you mean, no matter how you try and swap the icons around, M20 always rearranges them
I put my quick link to Firefox and e-mail client in the bottom panel

Which flavor of Linux Mint are you using, Cinnamon, Xfce or another and which Linux Mint version? Do you mean you are trying to move the Firefox shortcut from one place on the desktop to another place on the desktop?

Yes, move it to another location. Cinnamon v20 something.

On my desktop of my vm with Mint it's just selecting the shortcut and then dragging it, that's what I was about to suggest but glad you found out the solution yourself. Good work!

I have a feeling @70 Tango Charlie will tell you otherwise!

Right? The OP won't even be the oldest member of this forum.

G'day vanmoi, Welcome to Linux.org

Good to see you getting in amongst it.

I also run LM20.1

It is a superb piece of gear

Any problems, just open a fresh topic and fire away!

There are no limits to the number of questions you ask !

Glad to hear you worked it out, remember to enable the Firewall too.

Go to System Settings...Administration...double click Firewall and enter your Password and turn it on.

Members online

Latest posts