ftp problems manjaro

Peer

Reaction score
Credits
Hey,

when I connect to a ftp server using thunar in manjaro I'm not able to modify text files, I'm getting input/output errors when I edit and save libreoffice-files on this server, i get this errors but the files are saved. I'm still able to transfer or create files on this server. This also happens with ftps on another server, but not with sftp.
This only happens to me using my manjaro, not with debian.

Help would be nice.

could it be a rights issue? could it be that you have write permissions but not read?

Why? Everything works fine with Debian and also worked before with manjaro. And I am able to browse the filesystem and download files. And like I sayed, that happens on two severs.

I am not likely bearer of your solution, Young Sorcerer, as I don't ftp (used to with Windows) - can you give us some of the error output?

Wiz

those errors always look like this:

Code:
error opening file
input/output error

After that I tried to mount this filesystem via
Code:
curlftpfs -o utf8 ftp://10.10.112.210/ ./mnt -v

then I was able to edit text-files, but not able to open office documents anymore.

Thanks, Mate :)

Is there anything to be said for the LibreOffice

File --> Open Remote

functionality?

After that, I come up dry of ideas, sorry.

Wiz

Hey Peer - i'm late to the party and see you got it fixed, but reading through, I wasn't sure if you had access / control over the ftp server or if it was someone else's server.

What was the fix?

It was not my server.
It looked like some package on my system was not stable or just didn't work. So there was another more stable release of this package which got into the repository after some time.
That was the fix, I only did frequent updates.

Members online