Full Freeze, after klicking right on jdownloader

unprepar3D

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
first this question could also fit in the "Desktop / X" Subforum, please move if I chose the wrong sub.

I have a strange problem. I have jdownloader2 installed as flatpak. If I start it it runs and works normal, just if I press right on the taskbar icon all UI freezes (mouse still moving, sound playing) but the system doesn't react to any input. I'm forced to do a hard reset.

These are the last entrys in the system log:

Screenshot from 2022-02-02 15-35-50.png

Any ideas how to fix this? I would like to keep the flatpak if possible.

/edit: System:
Core i7-920
MSI X58 Pro-e
3x4GB Kingston RAM
AMD RX 950

Ubuntu 21.10 x64 Wayland

OP
U

unprepar3D

Reaction score
Credits
I'm not sure, but if I start jdownloader through console I get the same "reflective access" error messages:

java -jar JDownloader.jar -console WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.appwork.utils.ReflectionUtils (file:/home/dake/.var/app/org.jdownloader.JDownloader/data/jdownloader/JDownloader.jar) to field java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.hooks WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.appwork.utils.ReflectionUtils WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release INFO >> Wayland detected:XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland INFO >> Unity-3D Desktop detected INFO >> Prefer (merged) JSon Storage from File: /home/dake/.var/app/org.jdownloader.JDownloader/data/jdownloader/cfg/org.appwork.utils.logging2.LogConfig.json .........

/edit: Downloaded the jdownloader.jat directly from their site, deleted the original one + core.jar and the 2 folders like proposed in the link but it didnt change a thing.

Last edited:
OP
U

unprepar3D

Reaction score
Credits
Its a flatpak, no java update there (I think)
Nevertheless I installed pop os 21.10 yesterday, also with the jdownloader flatpak from flathub, and it just works. I think it had sth. to do with the flatpak libs, had several freezes related to different flatpak apps. Hope its gone for good. BIG THX for the input!

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Linux.org Hosting Donations
Consider making a donation

Members online