Gaming: Alternatives to Razer Game Booster

D

DevynCJohnson

I noticed that some people on the Internet want an alternative to Razer's Game Booster for their Linux system. I personally do not need or want it, but I thought it may benefit someone later if the answer were here. Does anyone have any ideas?

For those of you unfamiliar with Razer's Game Booster, it is an application that optimizes the computer for gaming before the game starts. All unnecessary processes are stopped, thus leaving more resources for the game.

Please qualify how "arch has even less than slackware".

Please qualify how "arch has even less than slackware".
Arch is very light weight, on a recent install it was about 360 megs, obviously mine has more now, but it's lightweight.

I have a few questions about this...one will a game booster work;not any specific one but will it work.
Why does a supposedly low end game like Champions of Regnum(Ubuntu compatable) run like crap on this PC,with a Windows 7 Home Premium and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS dual boot? I have always heard Ubuntu blows Windows away!!!Yet I get less of a signal and less MBs coming through using the same built in antenna!??? :confused:
Obviously causing frame rate drop and constant lag in Game whilst running said Ubuntu.If anything I should have a better signal and BPS coming through not the opposite.ie...I have 2 tabs open in Chromium and my signal is only 2-3 bars and 39MBs,If I go to this site on Chrome in Windows I get 4-5 bars and 65MBs! WTF!??? :mad:
As I can play a Game on this pile of crap laptop with or with out a game booster running it's not even supposed to be able to run like Last Chaos or Star Trek Online while running Windows,the only time I ever see lag on either game is when there are way too many "Mobs" or other Players in My area with or without the Booster running!Even Razor does this as I have that and the one that comes with Advanced System care 8.Game Booster 3.4 I believe is the version I have now.
SO My last question is how do I fix these BS problems I'm not too supposedly have whilst running Ubuntu in the first place!??? Is it something I'm missing or is it something missing from Ubuntu???As any game I have downloaded from the Ubuntu software center runs fine as I can only seem to find any free games there which were made back in the '90s!!! :eek:
I had to look up "low end" online games for Ubuntu just to find Champions of Regnum and it barely runs;with constant lag and a poor frame rate,I'm wondering if I should even bother looking for more now!!!:rolleyes: Please help!!!:)

Members online

Latest posts