GARUDA LINUX

the radio button answers are a bit limiting

so some suggestions:

1) are you dis-satisfied with your current main Linux distro that might prompt you to try Garuda yes/no

2) are you a fan of rolling release say six months or prefer distro is released when considered ready (eg Slackware) yes/no

3) is garuda missing any desktop you like eg backbox yes/no

4) Are you willing to try new distro or like cheese prefer to dip your toe in when its more matured

5) other opinion that is not addressed by question? please type in text box

1. yes... i tried arch linux as my main distro for over 7months... i had issue with my gpu while gaming and editing... constant screen tear and occational system failure... but i have been using garuda linux (based on arch) im not facing such issue.... also the bug reporting system is doing well enough...

2. i was using stable release and lts release kernel for long time now... but switching to rolling release (bleeding edge) i'm very satisfied... i'm getting the most of the softwares i use as daily driver...

3. since garuda is based on arch, i can easily install any desktop i want and also it has both lite and ultimate version..

4. I tried almost everything (openSUSE, debian and its derivative, cent os , fedora , Solus, etc etc)... Arch and Arch based distro are my fav..

my questions were meant to be added to yours "tell me your opinion" but never mind it looks more like a rhetorical question now . Did you ever try Slackware ?

my questions were meant to be added to yours "tell me your opinion" but never mind it looks more like a rhetorical question now . Did you ever try Slackware ?

i tried i liked it... but was not able to get comfortable with it... you know... that comfortable factor... that was missing.... and softwares like kdenlive shotcut blender were not convincing... may be because of my gpu but still... i would rate 6/10

I switched to Arch a year ago. I don't need to try any Arch based distro's since I am happy with my Arch install. Also I did try installing EndeavourOS and Arco in a vm before installing my current new machine with Arch, they don't even have lvm built into their installers. For EndeavourOS you had to basically do the same as in Arch plus a bunch more to have your setup installed on lvm, and with Arco I didn't even look further to see how to get it done there. So I decided to stick to Arch, I have done enough Arch installations now that I can do a good portion of the installation out of the top of my head, and it's not like you have to install a machine every week or month, you only have to do it once.

got it... i have been usimg linux since 2015... 5 years in Linux and Arch Linux (specially Garuda Linux) gave me that satisfaction of using a bleeding edge stable environment... and as i said Arch Linux is not completely stable in my laptop is just because of my gpu (amd r5 m330).. screen tear....

got it... i have been usimg linux since 2015... 5 years in Linux and Arch Linux (specially Garuda Linux) gave me that satisfaction of using a bleeding edge stable environment... and as i said Arch Linux is not completely stable in my laptop is just because of my gpu (amd r5 m330).. screen tear....
I have nothing against Arch based distro's I just find Arch easier to use than having to jump through hoops to get something done in an Arch based distro. Have you tried this for your screen tearing problem?

I have nothing against Arch based distro's I just find Arch easier to use than having to jump through hoops to get something done in an Arch based distro. Have you tried this for your screen tearing problem?

i tried this also.... no luck... actually when i freshly installed arch everything was ok... but then after 4-5 days screen tearing issue started comming back....

Members online