General Question

As usual, I get stuck with the network configuration! I can never get it to auto detect

wifi, cable?

Currently I am at work and was trying to do it from here, it's wifi. I did an install without configuring the network. Just brings me to bash once it is installed so I assume that is because I didn't do the network configuration.

I also do not leave out the option that I am doing something incorrectly! I have been using Linux for a few years now but I have always installed distros w/ GUI installers

You have installed the wifi driver?

Show command results:
Code:
lspci -v
Code:
ip a
what distribution is it?

That will be tricky... I am on line on a different laptop than the one I am trying to install on

I am going to attempt it again from home and see if my home settings are automatically detected. If not I will post.

It's a wifi card from a laptop or a usb one?

laptop
Code:
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: ASUSTeK
           driver: r8169 v: kernel port: d000 bus ID: 02:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:8168
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: <filter>
           Device-2: Intel Wireless 7265 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel port: d000 bus ID: 03:00.0
           chip ID: 8086:095a

Code:
apt install firmware-realtek

You take a distro, you learn, you use it all the time you improve and it's ok (debian approached me best)
but I checked ubuntu, mint, opensuse, fedora, slackware and FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris.

Last edited:
I started with Ubuntu, migrated to Mint then Manjaro. I hopped back to Deb based distros but I am most comfortable with Manjaro to be honest.

Then use Manjaro, deepen your knowledge, adapt it to your needs and it's ok. :)

Members online