Getting My PS3 to Recognize the Logitech Gamepad F310>SOLVED

After a lot of reading I found out that this Logitech F310 doesn't work with Steam.
I'm not going to fool with this controller anymore I'm getting my money back from Target:-

Shame it's so hard to get a controller now for a PS3 that's not used.

After a lot of reading I found out that this Logitech F310 doesn't work with Steam.
I'm not going to fool with this controller anymore I'm getting my money back from Target:-

Shame it's so hard to get a controller now for a PS3 that's not used.
Works for me on some games.

Works for me on some games.
Oh, thanks for letting me know.
It would be nice if I could get it to work on Linux Mint.

I did a little reading online and for Ubuntu based systems jstest-gtk has to be installed in order for the Logitech controller to work. Got a lot going on so not sure if I'll get to this.

Oh, thanks for letting me know.
It would be nice if I could get it to work on Linux Mint.

I did a little reading online and for Ubuntu based systems jstest-gtk has to be installed in order for the Logitech controller to work. Got a lot going on so not sure if I'll get to this.
https://gitlab.com/jstest-gtk/jstest-gtk

I read the ReadMe file that came with jstest-gtk and I am not good with building and compiling at all.
Thanks for trying to help me.

It's pretty straight forward.

It's pretty straight forward.
Thanks but I don't build and compile well and I don't understand make errors or how to fix them.
Having PTSD doesn't help either.

Scroll down on the Git page. It's 4 commands, starting with mkdir.

Scroll down on the Git page. It's 4 commands, starting with mkdir.
I looked in Mint's Software Manager. That pkg, jstest-gtk is in the software manager so I don't have to fool with cmd's.
Thanks David.

Ok working with Linux Mint Debian Edition and the jstest-gtk GUI this morning.

I clicked on calibrate and moved the toggle's around like the instructions said and brought them back to the center position and clicked ok.
The light on the controller is on which is good because that light was not lit before when I plugged the controller in.

While pressing the buttons on the gamepad the numbers light up in the gui.
However after calibration the controller still doesn't work.

See the screenshot:
jstest-gtk.png

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Ok working with Linux Mint Debian Edition and the jstest-gtk GUI this morning.

I clicked on calibrate and moved the toggle's around like the instructions said and brought them back to the center position and clicked ok.
The light on the controller is on which is good because that light was not lit before when I plugged the controller in.

While pressing the buttons on the gamepad the numbers light up in the gui.
However after calibration the controller still doesn't work.

See the screenshot:
View attachment 11615

Any ideas? What am I missing?
See if this has any impact: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/a...-Gamepad-F310-to-select-DirectInput-or-XInput

This is hit or miss and I'm done with it.
I'm going to return it and get my money back.

Thanks for trying to help.

This is hit or miss and I'm done with it.
I'm going to return it and get my money back.

Thanks for trying to help.
No problem.

Members online