Google Drive

Granny Sue

Reaction score
Credits
I installed an app through the software mgr titled, "VGrive." It lets me get to my Google Drive app through Linux. The problem is, the app asked me if I wanted to sync my drive. I answered in the affirmative and what do you know? I now have my entire google drive saved to this PC. My question is this, If I delete what's in google drive on my PC, will that delete it from the cloud, also?

Hi again Sue :)

I know nothing about Vgrive per se, but it is apparently on a number of Linux, so I am moving this to General in hope someone there can help you

Cheers

Wiz

Google Drive client with automatic synchronization for Linux

VGrive is a client (back-end and front-end) for Google Drive made in Vala. Automatically detects changes in local and remote files and syncs them.

So.....the answer to your question has to be Yes....If everything is in sync, then it blows it away.

Just a thought on google drive....
Starting on July 10, 2019, Google Photos will no longer sync to Google Drive. From that date forward, if you add or delete files in Photos, they won't be automatically added or deleted in Drive.Jun 12, 2019
and........
On April 2, 2019 we are shutting down the consumer (personal) version of Google+, a social network by Google. If you want, you can download and save your Google+ data; this may take time so get started before March 31, 2019. ... You can delete your Google+ account before the consumer Google+ shutdown

Search for google drive alternatives.....watch out for the costs involved

Well, that strikes me as a bummer..... Do I really have to leave all that stuff on my PC - about 2 gigs! Is there a way to "un-sync" it?

Members online

Latest posts