gpio driver & sysfs question

hisu

Reaction score
Credits
I am a newbie on Linux and sorry for asking this question(I can't grasp big picture by now)

I want to control GPIO on my target board(am335x), and I'v got a running kernel on my board(which was done by a board vendor).

I heard that general use case of using GPIO is by using Sysfs entry which is sys/class/gpio~

I am used to using /dev entry and read and write onto them so I can control device. (so this is my point of view)

But when I check using 'lsmod' there are no related GPIO module(driver) but there are sys/class/gpio entry.

so, my question is, If there is no GPIO module(driver) in Kernel, how can sysfs gpio entry be made???

Attachments

• 1613550317439.png
    1613550317439.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 333

G'day @hisu and welcome to linux.org :)

I have no idea what you are talking about, which means General Linux is not the place for this subject.

Have a look through the Forums (example Linux Hardware, Single Board Computers, Server) and come back and tell me where is most appropriate and I will move you there.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

I have no idea what you are talking about, which means General Linux is not the place for this subject.

Have a look through the Forums (example Linux Hardware, Single Board Computers, Server) and come back and tell me where is most appropriate and I will move you there.
Sounds more a question in the direction of kernel programming, since we don't have a section on kernel programming I would put it in "General Computing" or SBC(which you already mentioned) but it's very unlikely that someone here knows the answer to that question.

Thanks @f33dm3bits :)

I'll leave it to the OP to take the trouble to look around the Forum, and then make a move.

Your input is always appreciated. :)

Wiz

G'day @hisu and welcome to linux.org :)

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

sorry!! I was such an in hurry and I have little knowledge so I didn't know that this was not a general issue. I feel SBC would be ok. thanks a lot.

I haven't played with SBCs enough to be of any real help, but there's this:

Members online