Gpu is not being used

Loneranger

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,I am running archcraft and I have two gpus in my laptop.Both the intel and amd gpus shows up in neofetch but while monitoring their performance it shows they are not being used.What is the solution for this? I have the following GPUS:
1.Amd radeon m330
2.Intel Hd graphics 520
I have installed the mesa ,x86-video-intel and x86-video-amdgpu packages. My cpu is being highly consumed even during basic songs playing.Is it because it is rendering the graphics and the gpu is inactive.Here are screenshots from system monitoring center:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-25-17-00-40_1366x768.png
    Screenshot_2022-11-25-17-00-40_1366x768.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot_2022-11-25-17-03-13_1366x768.png
    Screenshot_2022-11-25-17-03-13_1366x768.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 315

Best to always find a graphics card that works out of the box when using linux...

im guessing he is a shill ngreedia fanboi since all i said was amd ftw and got my post deleted what a jerk

On

the jerk who moderated my comment is just toxic
and
im guessing he is a shill ngreedia fanboi since all i said was amd ftw and got my post deleted what a jerk

You have been here less than 8 hours, posted 32 times already and bumped old threads.

Please dial back on the attitude.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

@wizardfromoz :-

Nah. Whilst I have to agree with your assessment, it's got nowt to do with "attitude", Chris. This guy's just letting it all hang out, and is simply demonstrating to the world & his wife what a total, utter moron he is.

All fora get 'em from time to time. Linux.org has no more immunity than anyone else, unfortunately.... :rolleyes:

The better the forum is, the more idiots it will attract. Sad, but true. As forum staff, we get to see it ALL, mate; the good, the bad.....AND the "ugly"..!

Mike. :p

Last edited:
Some folks work hard to earn themselves a vacation.

That was my polite way of suggesting they tone it down a bit. All these old users don't need to be pinged for mindless additions that add nothing of value.

im guessing he is a shill ngreedia fanboi
@I-hate-Windows :-

Erm.....translation, please? Some of us aren't quite in your league when it comes to current popular 'slang' witticisms or 'broad' vernacular. You've completely LOST me. :(

What's a "shill"..? And an "ngreedia fanboi", hmm? What's one of them?

Mike. o_O

Erm.....translation, please? Some of us aren't quite in your league when it comes to current popular 'slang' witticisms or 'broad' vernacular. You've completely LOST me. :(

Mike. o_O
someone who supports nvidia with their overpriced windows only graphics cardds, if you wanna do linux use amd only due to open source drivers, and let me tell you i get SAME frames in linux as windows with garuda gnome arch linux

Mike. o_O
shill means sellout, they ignore facts and just pick a team based on their own favoritism or herd mentality and ignore performance to money

Let's just ignore that disruption.

A user has earned themselves a vacation.

I am being very nice with my vacation-giving, I fully expect an admin to override my choice and make it a permanent thing.

And I am perfectly okay with that, but I'm forever an optimist.

@KGIII :-

Well, I've got a hide like a rhino, me. Insults bounce off like water from a duck's back. But not everybody is that inured to such behaviour, and this IS supposed to be a 'family-friendly' site after all, yes?

I knew exactly what he was getting at. But I'm very much like that old cat; full of curiosity. In fact, dead curious as to what his response would be, when I started the same routine I always employ with spam telephone callers.....

Oooh, that was naughty of me, wasn't it? :eek:

Mike. :p

But not everybody is that inured to such behaviour, and this IS supposed to be a 'family-friendly' site after all, yes?

This is the 2nd time I've had to say this today.

Just because you're okay with it doesn't mean I can let it stand.

I actually let someone get away with it for quite a while when it was directed at me. I was like, "Yeah, I'm not worried. I sleep fine at night." But, that meant I wasn't doing my job correctly. I can't make exceptions just because it's me.

I darned sure can't make exceptions just because it's you.

And, let's face it, they've been working REALLY hard at earning their vacation. I hope they enjoy it and come back a wiser person. I hope they return and become a productive forum member.

I'm good at a couple of things...

One, I'm really good at forgetting. Two, I'm really good at being optimistic.

Oooh, that was naughty of me, wasn't it?

Maybe a little bit. There's no need to antagonize 'em. They show their true colors easily enough.

But, I'm really good at forgetting.

I fully expect an admin to override my choice and make it a permanent thing.

No, but it was a little short, IMO - I have increased it to a month.

Cheers

Wizard

Just because you're okay with it doesn't mean I can let it stand.

I actually let someone get away with it for quite a while when it was directed at me. I was like, "Yeah, I'm not worried. I sleep fine at night." But, that meant I wasn't doing my job correctly. I can't make exceptions just because it's me.

I darned sure can't make exceptions just because it's you.
Ah, you're right of course. Just because I moderate on two other forums, it doesn't give me a free pass to speak my mind here. I have no standing in this community. And I'm old enough - and ugly enough! - to admit when I'm wrong.

Being a blunt-spoken Yorkshireman does get me into hot water at times..... :p

Mike. :oops:

I have no standing in this community.

Oh, you're just fine. I have zero complaints regarding you or your conduct.

If I did, you'd be aware of that fact. I don't like to act in a vacuum and I don't prefer to act unilaterally.

I'll do both, but I prefer to be open about it. You'll know it before you made me do my job. I give plenty of fair warnings. I make the user well aware that their behavior isn't going to cut it. (In this case, my messages were largely messages left for the user when removing their posts or editing their posts.)

You've got to SERIOUSLY screw up for me to just ban you without warning.

I try really hard to not do my job. I don't like editing posts. I don't like spending time deleting posts. I don't like dealing with reports - and I definitely don't like dealing with multiple reports.

I do it because I agreed to do it. I'd much rather not have to touch any of the moderator tools. Often times, I can manage it so that those tools aren't used. I suppose that's the harder method, but I prefer it.

Anyhow, let's get this thread back on topic. If anyone has any questions about my moderation, my inbox is always open. Though, I am having some connectivity issues tonight. I suspect that's due to the holiday.

Members online