Greetings

PsychoHermit

Reaction score
Credits
66 year old noob here. Still working, probably for another year. I ran Gentoo for a couple of years, and got lazy when the hard drive cratered and installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Running it on a several year old HP Envy TouchSmart notebook. Everything worked perfectly right off the bat, including the touchscreen which I don't use. Touching the screen is just wrong IMHO ;-)

Been married twice, and am now divorced, living alone. I like it that way. That's where the hermit part of my screen name comes from.

Back to your reguraly scheduled program.

--glenn

Welcome aboard. And, your age is pretty much on par. We seem to skew heavily towards older people, at least among the most regular of users.

G'day Glenn and a belated welcome to linux.org from DownUnder :)

You are a little over 2 years my Senior, but we are babes compared to those of our Members in their 80's .

Seniors is actually, probably, our biggest growth area - people who have used another OS for 25 years and had enough or wanted something different.

Gentoo for a starter? Big learning curve!

I've run Calculate, Sabayon, and now Redcore from that family, but not Gentoo itself. When I grow up and get big and brave and strong I'll try it.

Enjoy

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hey David, watch out, we almost crossed beams - dangerous.

I ran Red Hat for several months before undertaking Gentoo. Gentoo is not all that difficult, builds are pretty much automated. But there's a lot of building to get a system up and running.

--glenn

Last edited:
Another old fellah welcoming you to the forums

Members online

Latest posts