Grub Customizer problem in PCLOS

Dave Burchett

Reaction score
Credits
Problem with Grub Customizer in PCLinux. Was showing my Windows 7 and 10 links in the "list configuration" but suddenly they no longer appear. Under General settings, "look for other operating systems" is checked. Anyone have an idea of how to recover the two Windows links?
Thanks.

My first step would be 'sudo update-grub' from the terminal to see if it automatically finds the other OSes and adds their entries to GRUB. But, I'm making a big assumption that such will work on PCLinux. It should, but I've not played around with it much.

in PCLOS go to system center should be an Icon in the bottom panel if you using the KDE version. on KDE will be two Icons 1 for system center the other is KDE system center. Choose the one for PCLOS.
Then go to boot and tell it to reinstall boot loader. should recognize the other OS's.

@Dave Burchett - G'day and welcome to linux.org :) , thought I'd better break up the plethora of Daves abounding here - David G @KGIII , Dave @kc1di , and your good self.

I'll get back to you with what I find.

After that, or with that, perhaps you can tell us,
  1. For what purposes you are using Grub Customizer, eg for rearranging the order on a Grub Menu, adding a background to your Grub, or both or other?
  2. Is PCLOS your first Linux and how long you have been using it, or elaborate, and
  3. I take it you are aware EOL (End of Life for support) of Win 7 was January 14 last year?
Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online