grub dummy install failed kali linux 2020.2!!!!!

Lameche

Credits
I want to install kali linux dual boot with win10 but when i rich the step of Grub installation it say """Grub dummy install failed""" i use GPT(UEFI) partition so please what is the solution for this errore!!
And i want to ask if i install kali in vrtual box is the same when i install it dual boot!!

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
Moving this to Kali

Good luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Drizzit89

Credits
VirtualBox and dual boot are not the same but if you are new to Kali VirtualBox is probably the preferred installation method. VirtualBox provides virtualized hardware through software on top of another operating system and dual boot is the two different operating systems running on the same hardware at two different times. VirtualBox will allow you to use hardware that matches the built in drives for kali and can lead to an easier install. Dual boot you may have to find different drivers and manually install them for pieces of your physical hardware.

If you want to still go the dual boot route, please provide the steps you preformed to prep your machine for the second OS installation. Specifically the hard drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts