Guess what's on the ground?!!!!

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I have snow. It's not enough to build a big snowman, but it's snow.

I love the cold and snow.

I have snow. It's not enough to build a big snowman, but it's snow.

I love the cold and snow.
how much did you get? Down here in the south we got abotu 1.5 inches then it turned to rain. But It was pretty :)

how much did you get? Down here in the south we got abotu 1.5 inches then it turned to rain. But It was pretty :)

About two inches. No rain yet, but it'll be here. I put the plow on the truck last Sunday. I then removed the tailgate and used the tractor to put the sander in the bed. Then I filled it with sand, making sure to bust enough loose to last the winter. (That's a lesson learned. Once the sand freezes it can be a bit of an ordeal to get usable sand.) I finished the task by mounting the light on the roof - it's just a magnetic light so that I can take it off after the winter is done.

I admit it... I have what you'd call a 'luxury pickup' - but it's really nice. I should get some pics. And, while folks might scoff at a luxury pickup - mine actually gets used like a pickup. I expect this one to last the rest of my life. It doesn't get a whole lot of miles, 'cause I only use it when I need to do truck things.

Anyhow, it was enough to plow the driveway. I don't want to start the year off with a layer of snow that partially melted and froze. I'll wait and see what's next. It's hovering just about 32°, and looks like we've got more weather coming. After lunch I'll probably 'make my rounds'.

There's some older people and I like to plow their driveways, plus I take care of the church's parking lot. I don't accept money, but I get all sorts of baked good and craft items. Some years, we get so much snow that there's nowhere to put it. So, at least once a year I have to take the tractor down to move the big piles of snow into other big piles of snow.

I love smashing snow. I smash the snow into big ol' piles of snow.

At times, I can't believe it's legal. We don't even need any special training to slap an 8' plow to the front of our trucks and fill the beds with enough mass to ensure enough momentum to drive straight through anything we want. I don't even think the flashing lights are mandatory.

Seriously... If you cut me off in my truck, it won't matter how hard I stand on the brakes. I'm gonna cut your sedan open like a can opener. I drive really responsibly because of this, but you still get morons who don't understand physics. So far, I haven't run over any cars but (usually people 'from away') people still sometimes pull out right in front of me.

LOL I don't even need a special license for this. It should probably require a special endorsement on your license, but that'd make a lot of people angry. Seriously, there probably ought to be some sort of test and mandatory classes to drive one of these.

Yep we got a dusting and some areas got as much as five inches.

I love snow as long as it stays on the yard and off of the walkways and the roadways.

Yep we got a dusting and some areas got as much as five inches.

I love snow as long as it stays on the yard and off of the walkways and the roadways.

Oh, I love driving in the winter. It's one of my favorite things to do. When it snows, I go driving.

It's snowing again. Some of the cameras are down:

I'm higher in elevation than most and I'm not technically in Rangeley - that's just the closest village that anyone has a hope of recognizing.

Where I live, we tend to get a whole lot of snow. I love it!

Oh, I love driving in the winter. It's one of my favorite things to do. When it snows, I go driving.
Used to when I was in high school I owned a VW Bug and it was great in the snow it was like a little tractor and even when it got stuck which was rare it was easy to get unstuck.

The Wife and I used to go cruising around back roads in the snow smoking pot and listening to cassette tapes the good old days of being young and no responsibility.

Used to when I was in high school I owned a VW Bug and it was great in the snow it was like a little tractor and even when it got stuck which was rare it was easy to get unstuck.

The Wife and I used to go cruising around back roads in the snow smoking pot and listening to cassette tapes the good old days of being young and no responsibility.

I find time/ways to go out driving in the snow. I'll happily disconnect from the 'net for that! I love driving when it's still snowing and there's snow on the road. There's no traffic, so I can have fun. I can pretend I'm a rally driver and practice executing a Scandinavian flick!

I love driving when it's still snowing and there's snow on the road. There's no traffic, so I can have fun. I can pretend I'm a rally driver and practice executing a Scandinavian flick!
We grew up in a small town with plenty of back roads and would do the same had a blast.

We're both to damn old now to go out and get stuck nowadays. :p

Lucky buggers, we don't get decent snowfalls, well not like when I was a kid, I suppose it's a blessing, 90% of UK drivers either have no experience or forget how to drive in it from one year to the next

We're both to damn old now to go out and get stuck nowadays.

That's why you get good toys that don't get stuck easily - and stay out of the snowbanks.

90% of UK drivers either have no experience or forget how to drive in it from one year to the next

I'm sure we had a bunch of accidents today. It's the same way here. People forget how to drive in the snow every year. It takes a couple of good storms to remind 'em.

People wonder why we don't shut down for the snow. We can't, really. We'd be shut down for months.

i dont plow snow any more. LOL one of the grand kids has a snow plowing business. Living on a hilly dead end gravel road it comes in handy.
One year the ice and snow was so bad i had to drive the 310 case track loader to town. i did stop at neighbors houses along the way ;)
O it was ten miles to the store. That was a long cold day!

P.S. Kgill You Can Keep That Dam $n0W

Florida Snowman
1.png

One year the ice and snow was so bad i had to drive the 310 case track loader to town.

The first year I did this I loaded the tractor on a trailer and then kept unloading it and loading it along the way. That was my first tractor, an older used Ford something or other. It's what made me fall in love with tractorin'.

The second time I did this, I just drove. I have a Kubota Grand L5050. I've got heat and A/C! I've even got a cup holder!

I'm kinda a city boy, but I've adapted nicely. The first time I drove a tractor, it was unloading it from a trailer. I smashed right into my woodshed, knocking it off the pad by a good 6".

I was all sorts of flustered - until I realized I now owned a tractor. I put a chain around the shed and moved it right back on the pad! I've been in love with tractors ever since. I consider the Ford my practice tractor. It's what motivated me to get a nice one that'll easily last my lifetime.

I live a long ways from civilization. Like, a seriously long ways from civilization. If you watch the show about people living in remote Alaska, it's not quite like that but I'm about 24ish miles from the nearest town of any size. So, owning a tractor is helpful. I also have a giant lawn.

Two things I love: Smashing snow and tractoring!

A neighbor (about two miles away) made me a wood splitter that's run off my PTO and takes a 4' log. I even have a wood mill that hooks up to my PTO. I originally ran that off an old Jeep with a Borg Warner that has a PTO - a '72 Wagoneer.

I love me some snow! I love plowing snow. I don't shovel much snow, but that's 'cause I've got snowblowers - including a light electric one that's only used for my deck. It lacks gumption, so you don't want to try to tackle more than 24" of snow with it. In my defense, it's a pretty big deck! I ain't shoveling that.

Many of the roads around are all privately owned. (I live in an unincorporated township, so there's no municipal anything.) I plow mine and drag it a few times in the spring. It's not paved until you get to my driveway, which is about a half mile long.

Selective snow !!

The most snow I've had *in a single season* was just over 21' of snow. (About 6.5 meters.)

We average 14' (four-ish meters) of snow (per season) in the village, but I'm at a higher elevation.

The most snow I've had in a single storm is 42" - but the storm was three days long. That's probably something like a meter. I got a break after about three days and two days later got another couple of feet.

It was awesome! I fricken' love snow.

Florida Snowman

One of the things I really enjoy is being elsewhere when it snows.

Not that many years ago, I was in VA when it snowed. Man, they were bumping into everything and had to shut it all down with just a couple of inches of snow. I went out and played in the snow - right in the middle of Norfolk - and the cops didn't even harass me.

I own more snow removal equipment than Norfolk owns.

Members online