Guest Wifi Network on Tomato

nambi

Reaction score
Credits
I run adv tomato on an Asus router at home, I setup a guest wifi without issues, my network at home is a simple setup, Modem in bridge mode going into Asus Router wan port.
At my office I have the same Asus router, I tried to setup the guest wifi option but I am unable to do so my setup at the office is slightly more complex. Modem in bridge mode into a pfsense FW / Router into a switch (no vlans) into a LAN port of my Asus Tomato router.
When I replicate my setup at home for my guest wifi I have no internet access on my guest wifi at my office, I have copied everything exactly the same as outlined here. https://learntomato.flashrouters.com/setup-guest-network-guest-wifi-tomato-vlan/
But I think because switch is being uplinked through the lan port I am unable to create the guest wifi. If I create a wifi on the Asus router I have it works fine, but this will not work for the guest wifi.
In Advanced Settings under Vlan / Wireless I have
Bridge (Eth1 to Lan Br0) main Wifi (non guest) working
My Vlan (guest wifi)
Bridge (wl0.1 to Br1) no wifi if I bridge (wl0.1 to Br0) it works, but I’m on the wrong ip range (my internal lan)
Any Advice would be appreciated.

While there are lots of very knowledgable people here, it's possible no one knows how to answer your question. This forum is for Linux, not Tomato :). You might have better luck at a Tomato forum. I don't know the answer to your problem, but do have 1 thing to check for. Sometimes the most simple thing is often overlooked. Guest users are usually disabled by default. Have you checked to ensure this is not the case?

Members online