guys I am new to linux can you guys guide me regarding linux installation

rockysingh

Reaction score
Credits
should I install it on my Mac air as dual boot or on my Asus windows notebook or on usb and which distro to begin with.i would be really thankful

Welcome
Why don’t you try virtual box and/or usb bfr and then try for dual booting?

I suggest to try Linux Mint as first touch with Linux.

should I install it on my Mac air as dual boot or on my Asus windows notebook or on usb and which distro to begin with.i would be really thankful
Hi Rocky, and welcome! I agree with @CptCharis... VirtualBox is a great way to get started because you can install it in both your Mac and your Asus and use it to test various Linux distributions (distros). Linux Mint is also a great first choice to test, but please check out some others too... that is the only way for you to find which one YOU like the best. (We only know what we like the best.) After testing some different ones out, and when you get ready to actually install to one computer or the other, I think the Asus is the better one to use for Linux.

Cheers

At the beginning, it is recommended that you first install linux with VMware or VirtualBox. After a while, decide whether you want to install Asus to Linux.

Reactions: Rob
ich would use a Ubuniu Live USB Stick.

Reactions: Rob

Members online

Latest posts