Had some trouble with uninstalling Linux

gpooe1

Reaction score
Credits
So after a few months of using Linux Mint in dual boot with windows 10 on my laptop, I decided that it wasn't for me.
(i still have another laptop with Linux in it because it's not such a good laptop)
So I uninstall the mint partition in my drive and restart my computer. then I get grub 2.04 in a command-line thing and I realized that I also had to get rid of grub as well. And that's what I don't know how to do. Ideally, I would like to press the power button and load it into windows.
Any help would be appreciated!
(if you want to know why I uninstalled linux, its because the laptop I am using has 8GB of ram and an intel core I7 and it can handle windows fine (and because I can get more games for windows)

if you had played with distro's on live basis via a usb a while, that might have saved you the trouble to install and trouble to uninstall.

Maybe 2 options. You could install another Linux OS to the space where Mint was(a lighter one maybe) then just update the grub that this new OS is using to include Windows. or i think its a case of maybe booting & using Windows restore disk and reserecting Windows Boot loader

I think the grub files are gone if Linux partition has been deleted but remains of entries on efi partition etc

IIRC, Windows System Restore (from inside the OS) 'repairs' the boot records and overwrites grub. I am not sure if this is still true, however. I doubt it'll hurt anything, so you might as well give it a shot.

Staff online

Members online