Happy Mother's Day!

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 111282

This is for all of the moms on here, as well as the moms of everyone else! :)

vector-poster-happy-mothers-day-greeting-card-with-red-roses-for-family-holiday-banner-with-roses-frame-for-greeting-card-on-mom-day-with-flowers-an-2EGJPWA.jpg

It's a bit personal, but I sorta celebrate Mother's Day. For reasons that are unimportant here, I was the sole custodial parent to both of my children. So, my kids, kinda jokingly, send me cards and stuff. I'd say they call me on that day, but they still call me almost every day.

So, yes... Happy Mother's Day to anyone here who's a mother or something close to it.

Also, some countries don't celebrate. Some have adopted the holiday. Some have other holidays that are similar in nature. And, entirely pointlessly, my brother's birthday is today.

Do we have some Mommys here? ;)

Some of us on Linux.org have partners who are mommies. Our family did its best to make the day special for her. She is loved and honored and cherished the rest of the year too.

True Confession:
I hate to admit this, but the day AFTER Mother's Day is a huge relief for me. It gives me a break away from having to think of or make gifts for my beloved. It starts up again with a birthday in late Fall, then Christmas, Valentines Day, and finally Mothers Day. They come fast, one after the other. Part of the problem is if I find something nice, I want to give it and I do not like to hide or store it. I am unable to save a gift for the next celebration. Yes, this is a personal problem and mine to manage and solve. I am not asking for advice, but I am willing to share what may be a common experience.

Do we have some Mommys here? ;)

We have an inactive user who has stated they're a female and I'm pretty sure they mentioned having a family - which could mean all sorts of things. Other than that, I haven't a clue. It's not something I really pay attention to. The missus has no children and mine are grown.

Away from Facebook or a forum related to MMORPG or other social networking place like that, a woman should not reveal being a woman unless she is willing to accept "consequences" for it. Such as unwanted PM's having come-ons LOL.

On a forum less personal than this one, nobody really cares if a woman has children.

I have been wrong before. When I started visiting this forum, I thought this particular user was a woman because they're carrying an avatar of an actor. (love) I have posted in a topic started by that user. The sub-forum is about programming, I have to break now to find out what it's called... it's the "Desktop" sub-forum.

Other than general friendliness and courtesy, I doubt that the gender identity or family situation of anyone here matters to the other members. There is the famous quote, "On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog." In my opinion, sharing benign personal information gives your presence some humanity on forums like Linux.org.

I joined Linux.org as a refugee from another forum with a male dominant culture and an abusive membership. Disrespect, immaturity, and drama are constant there. Linux.org is a welcome relief.

Disrespect, immaturity and drama, from boys and girls could be seen playing an MMORPG like I have. Because it also involves real money. It was long ago and I had to give it up, it sucked, but I disliked social networking being forced upon me.

Disrespect, immaturity, and drama are constant there. Linux.org is a welcome relief.
There's still occasional drama here, and sadly, some of it was caused by me. Thankfully, I've gotten better at making that less of a problem.

Staff online

Members online