HDMI output on Hp Pavilion Power 15

Franckd13

Reaction score
Credits
Hello
I need to install linux on my pc (for school) and i tried to install multiple distro but everytimes i couldn't use my HDMI port.
I tried with Ubuntu (18 and 19), Linux Mint, Kubuntu and Manjaro.
I really need help to solve this problem right now i have Manjaro xfce who is install.
I think it's due to the HDMI port who must be connected to my graphics card but i'm not an pro

My Pc : hp pavilion power laptop 15-cb0xx
I7 770 HQ with Intel HD graphics 630
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

G'day Franck, and Welcome to linux.org

The other post will be taken care of by a seriously nice moderator, @wizardfromoz Have no fear, he will cast a spell on it and it will go poof !

Is your problem with video? Sound? Or both?

Did you go into Sound settings to switch devices? And Monitor settings to switch from laptop screen to your new HDMI device?

I found this website that looks like it is probably your computer. It is their photo shown below. From the photo, it looks like you may have a "hardware toggle" for your video with the F4 key. If this is true, you first need your HDMI monitor plugged in, then hit the Fn + F4 keys to "toggle" between your HDMI and your laptop screen.

HP.jpg

OH THANKS I LOVE YOU IT WORKED
I don't know why they made this it's so stupid but thanks a lot i found this "trick" nowhere.
(and yes it's exactly my pc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online