Headset Mic not working

LosTurcin

Reaction score
Credits
Hi Guys!
First of all, I would like to apologize for my poor English and I am also a Noob to Linux.

When I plug in my headset, my notebook only recognizes it as headphones. In the settings I can't even select it because it is apparently only recognized as headphones. The headset is a wired headset from Sony. No USB.
I hope someone can help me fix this.
What information do you need to help me?

Thanks

Hello, can you provide the following:

1. The model of the headset
2. The Linux Distro you're using
3. Are you plugging your headset into the 3.5mm headphones and mic jack?

Hi TheProf

1. It is a Sony Headset (Dont know the exact Model Number :/ )
2. I am using Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon 4.8.6
3. I only have one slot ( With Windows i can use the Headset). when I plug in the headset, a window appears where I can choose between "Headset - Headphone - just Micro"

Click on the Speaker Icon it should say something like Audio Mixer click on that and bring up the Volume Control panel then click on the Input Devices tab there should be a drop down menu next to Port so you can select Headphone Microphone and adjust the volume there as well

Thats all i can select.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-08-28 15-48-45.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-08-28 15-48-45.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 508
I also tried "everythin" with alsamixer, pulseaudio, qasmixer. I can only select the Microphone from my Laptop

Open ( /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf ) with your favorite editor with sudo privilege
Add options ( snd-hda-intel model=dell-headset-multi ) at the bottom
Save
Reboot
Insert your headset (headphone with microphone) to the audio slot, then audio mode selection popup will show, select Headset mode (an icon with headphone and microphone)
If that does not work you can always undo it.

Members online