Hello from Sphen

sphen

Reaction score
Credits
Hello! I joined Linux.org to find answers to questions and to see how I can help others.

I run Linux in virtual machines and virtual private servers (VPS) on the internet. I am not a Linux expert, but have worked with many technologies. My history with Linux goes back to the 1990s when distros were shared between friends on CDs.

My current interest is secure installation and configuration of KVM VPSs from remote servers over the internet. I am also looking at different remote access methods to find one I like (desktops, not SSH). In addition, I hope to get recommendations from some of the members here for open source alternatives to replace several Mac applications.

Happy holidays to all!

Welcome to the forums
If you feel you can help at any time, just jump in.

LOL It took some effort but glad you're here!

LOL It took some effort but glad you're here!
For others: There were problems with email address confirmation for my account. It took a few days to resolve them and @KGIII was a big help (Thanks!!).

I sent a PM with the details to an admin here, once I got on.

Hello @sphen,
Welcome to the Linux.org Forum, enjoy the journey! :)

G'day @sphen and welcome :)

I'm sending you a Conversation, too, on an Admin matter.

Enjoy your Linux

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hello! I joined Linux.org to find answers to questions and to see how I can help others.

I run Linux in virtual machines and virtual private servers (VPS) on the internet. I am not a Linux expert, but have worked with many technologies. My history with Linux goes back to the 1990s when distros were shared between friends on CDs.

My current interest is secure installation and configuration of KVM VPSs from remote servers over the internet. I am also looking at different remote access methods to find one I like (desktops, not SSH). In addition, I hope to get recommendations from some of the members here for open source alternatives to replace several Mac applications.

Happy holidays to all!
Greetings, Nice to meet you. I am a newbie too here. I want to get in touch to you because I am a beginner in this technology but want to gain my skill and knowledge as well.

Greetings, Nice to meet you. I am a newbie too here. I want to get in touch to you because I am a beginner in this technology but want to gain my skill and knowledge as well.
Welcome!

Having been here a couple months, I have found Linux.org to be a friendly and welcoming place. The members here have been so helpful to me. I am confident that your experience will be equally good.

Last edited:
I don't know who you are welcoming any longer, but if it's me ... Thanks!

-> @darcyshort43 should create their own introduction thread and tell us about their Linux interests.

Otherwise, we might think Darcy added a "necro" post to an old, dead thread in order to build up their post count before the spamming starts. Don't let that happen! Tell us about your Linux setup and interests.

(My apologies to the forum for taking the bait. Let's see what happens next.)

Members online

Latest posts