Hello! I'd like to contribute

lundrvs

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I'm new to this site. I did register mounths ago but begin to use the account now.

I have some backend programming knowledge, I also made a new command and would like to contribute it to get it improved by more
beginners like me.

Welcome to the forums/community @lundrvs What GNU/Linux distribution do you run and what programming language do you code in?

Welcome to the forums/community @lundrvs What GNU/Linux distribution do you run and what programming language do you code in?
Hello f33dm3bits , well right now I'm using GNU/Linux Mint on my x32bit netbook, and trying to navigate through the terminal in an easier way with the commands, so sometimes I program some BASH to make it easier. Per example I can't see only the time in 24h hours with the "time" command because that command does not exist, instead I had to do `date +%H%M%S`, but that's a lot of typing. So I decided to make a script with 'date' to output only the time as I wanted in one single type (or two).
A similar story with the `mv` command, when I wanted just to move everything to another directory excepting some files (the ones that I tell to); the `mv` command does not has this property itself or at least I don't find it or realize how to do it, but problably it is not simple typing.

I also have some solved exercises on the C language uploaded to my github account (which I prefer to keep it private until June), control the git shell, know SQL programming, a lot of HTML/5+CSS, some JS, and a little of PHP+MySQLi.
I too have read some of the Linux Bible book, so know about Perl.

Well I think that's all I know...

Last edited:
I see, so you are still learning :) Just a thought, you can skip perl and do python instead because there is much more development going on with python and everything you can do with perl you can do with python. Although I am not a programmer I have been doing some python and have done some reading on both python and perl. Also more people will respond to your post it will take sometime because we have members here from many different timezones.

I see, so you are still learning :) Just a thought, you can skip perl and do python instead because there is much more development going on with python and everything you can do with perl you can do with python. Although I am not a programmer I have been doing some python and have done some reading on both python and perl. Also more people will respond to your post it will take sometime because we have members here from many different timezones.
Nice, I haven't tried Python, I should. I also tried to install GTK+ on my current OS (Mint), but I lost between the help lines. I wonder if can I use GTK+ on Python or Python has its own library to code visual things.
Yes, I know.
I would like to share my codes with the people (even though are basic) too and get some critics to improve skills, all feedback .

I had to do `date +%H%M%S`

Hello and welcome to Linux.org. You might also like to take a look at BASH aliases. They're a great tool.

Me too! I'm still learning!
Everyone is in someway whether with GNU/Linux, programming or something else in life.

Members online

Latest posts