Hello.

Wixen

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I'm Wixen, I live in the south west of England, I'm a huge Star Trek fan, love most things sci-fi and space related, also i'm fascinated by archaeology and ancient history.
I'm not particularly technically minded, but I do seem to understand the devices we have at home better than my hubby does. I always have to set up the tv, video, computer etc.
I did start learning to code, but maths isn't my strong point, so I didn't get very far. Lol.
I'm looking forwards to learning more about linux, I'm reading through the lessons here, and already plotting the demise of windows10 on our new laptop. *laughs maniacally*

I live in the south west of England
very nice too.. I am a Kentish man in exile [currently Befordshire] we are hoping to move to in the future favorite spots would be Forrest of Dean Somerset levels or Devon..but not too far from good coarse fishing [at the moment we are about 15 mins from the Great Ouse and the local clubs have some excellent mixed lakes]

Welcome to the group @Wixen! Sounds like you'll fit right it! :cool::)

I had the pleasure of visiting your lovely country in 2005, including an inside-the-circle tour of Stonehenge, and a pilgrimage to J.R.R. Tolkien's grave in Oxford. Geeks rule! ;)

Hi Wixen,
Welcome to the group, enjoy!

very nice too.. I am a Kentish man in exile [currently Befordshire] we are hoping to move to in the future favorite spots would be Forrest of Dean Somerset levels or Devon..but not too far from good coarse fishing [at the moment we are about 15 mins from the Great Ouse and the local clubs have some excellent mixed lakes]

The Somerset levels are prone to flooding, come to Devon, we've got lots of hills and lakes and sea angling.

Welcome to the community!
I’m another member from the south west uk.
I’m based in Somerset, very close to the levels and the flooding.
But I spend a lot of free time roaming around Devon, Cornwall and Dorset!

...but I do seem to understand the devices we have at home better than my hubby does. I always have to set up the tv, video, computer etc.

Gosh, that sounds like me when my parents were still alive :)

G'day @Wixen , glad you found your way here.

I was in England in 1988 around Wimbledon, for four weeks, involved with a sporting championship in Reading, Berkshire.

Last week I was there (on a shoestring budget) invested in a rental motor and drove 1,200 km or so.

Went to spend the night with a friend I had made in Newquay, Cornwall, and after taking the wrong exit from the Bristol Ring Road ended up briefly in Wales (the bridge and the signs on the far side were a dead giveaway), and eventually got to my destination.

If memory serves, I passed through the top of Devon, very pretty countryside.

Do you remember I said elsewhere

...and meet a few more of the gang. Maybe tell us what part of Britain you are from.
?

It was from your saying

I'm well happy.

:)

Love those expressions.

Enjoy your Linux.

Chris

What it happens to the Natives too? So glad I am not alone :)

Welcome aboard the good ship Linux.. Enjoy the freedom.

Ask plenty of questions we will try to help.

@wizardfromoz these are part of the lyrics to a song written by the late Adge Cutler [a Bristonian] back in the 1960's
With one-way streets and flyovers
We knows which way ween facing.
Has you seen our brand new bridge
Down at Cumberland Basin?
The cars go by like thunder
Up and round and under.
Just where they goes
No bugger knows
And 'tain't no bleedin' wonder!

my old band played support to the Wurzels a couple of years ago.
sorry to say after the Death of Adge and personnel changes I lost interest in the Wurzels, back in the 60's I aquired several copies of Adge's original manuscripts and the printed Adge Cutler song book [signed by him].. unfortunately after many moves they vanished

Members online