Help Houston I have a problem lol

C

Christine Accorsi

can someone be so kind as to let me know exactly which version of Linux would be best for a new user i already have mint installed and debian but it won't support microcrap i also have ubuntu downloaded but am unsure how to install it. i am running wi fi and mint will not allow me on firefox atm unsure how to fix that

(Punctuation and spacing might help.)

Linux Mint and Ubuntu are recommended for newbies. Linux Mint might be slightly easier because it comes with more drivers out-of the-box.

Microcrap is is sometimes used to signify Microsoft. Is that what you mean? What do you mean "it won't support microcrap"? More details please.

If your wifi does not work , can you connect TEMPORARILY by cable?

You need to tell us what wifi you have. Try both of these commands in the terminal:
lspci |grep Network
and/or
lsusb

Linux Mint and Ubuntu are recommended for newbies. Linux Mint might be slightly easier because it comes with more drivers out-of the-box.

Microcrap is is sometimes used to signify Microsoft. Is that what you mean? What do you mean "it won't support microcrap"? More details please.

You need to tell us what wifi you have. Try both of these commands in the terminal:
yes microcrap means microsoft and i believe it was when i attempted to install debian past that i only jhneed to figure out how to correctly configure my firefox in either mint which is already installed or figure out why the wi fi isn't connection to web pages

i am using my internet providers wi fi moden and a wi fi card in my desktop computer. my internet provider is suddenlink and does have a preshared wi fi password but unsure how to input it or my exact internet address

as for hard wire connection the answer would be no they no longer support connection via a hard wire connection

also i am a very new user to linux so how do i find the terminal in mint

i am using my internet providers wi fi moden and a wi fi card in my desktop computer. my internet provider is suddenlink and does have a preshared wi fi password but unsure how to input it or my exact internet address

Just looked up their site no Wired connecting offered. Highspeed internet without cable.

Welcome.

tysm for this link for some odd reason i couldn't review the tutorials in linux mint hopefully this will help as for now i will check back later to see if more has been posted to my thread as i am very sleepy from tryin to figure this out lol. so wish i had switched to linux way back when u still had to tell it to dock all your hardware lol i might be better at it than i am, also wish my computer repair school had taught me a lot more about it back in 99 when i passed my A+ certification

Thank you for some fullstops and commas to break up your post a bit.

Made it easier to read, I got worn out trying to read it all - it helps thank you.:)

Latest posts