Help. I installed some things and now the resolution reduced

S

Siedas

I don't know what I did, but now the resolution on my linux is similar to windows 7 in safe mode. How do I reverse this effect?

What distro are you using?

Do you know that you can zoom in/out with CTRL+ and CTRL-

What did you install before the resolution change? Also what video card/driver are you using?
Run this at the command line and let us know what is displayed:
Code:
lspci | grep VGA

I'm assuming you can't manually change the resolution back? Did you try just left clicking on the desktop and changing resolution settings that way?

What did you install before the resolution change? Also what video card/driver are you using?
Run this at the command line and let us know what is displayed:
Code:
lspci | grep VGA

I'm assuming you can't manually change the resolution back? Did you try just left clicking on the desktop and changing resolution settings that way?

I was updating a few things. and then the resolution that I had changed... Maybe the graphics I have updated did something.

It may be that linux dosent like your graphics drivers. Or they were deleted in the proces of installing linux. Try getting a h0ld of the latest drivers compatible for linux for your graphics card. While your at it, make shure all your drivers are updated, cus if it messed up your graphics drivers, then chances are it messed up the rest of them to.

Members online